Gas tubing recommendations for low temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiboko

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using a 1/4"ID gas tubing in my kegerator. I find the when I set my temp to 0°C, 32F the hose becomes rather stiff and not flexible.

Can anyone recommend some 1/4" ID gas tubing that remains supple at low temps?

Thank you

No, we use standard gas tubing, which I don't know if it stiffens at that low of a temp because we never set our keezer that low. Why do you set it so low, are you lagering beer in it? If so, you don't need to hook the gas up to it at that point.

No, we use standard gas tubing, which I don't know if it stiffens at that low of a temp because we never set our keezer that low. Why do you set it so low, are you lagering beer in it? If so, you don't need to hook the gas up to it at that point.

It's my cold crashing fridge. Which gets a fair bit of us when cold crashing, clarifying and prepping for packaging when not storing in a keg. Because of limited space, I have to stack things on top of each other and as I move things around the stiff chilled tubing I currently use tends to be stiff enough to knock things overs.

Back