Gas distribution and beer line questions (4-way, John Guest, Perlick -- where to buy)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttmooney

Reaction score
Hi All --

I'm finally getting around to putting permanent gas lines and taps onto my kegerator (which, until now, was really just a beer fridge). I live in London, but am coming to the States next month, and plan to get some Perlick taps (which are not really available here) and want to take care of any other hardware that's easier to find.

I have John Guest Speedfit on my lines now, and think that sticking with these connectors is probably the best bet. I'd like to put in a four-way distributor and use 3/8" OD gas and beer lines (which is what I already have).

So, I think I'm looking for a threaded 4-way distributor / manifold with check-valves for the gas distribution. It seems like the most common thread would be 1/4", but if anyone has any other ideas, I'm happy to listen. If anyone has any idea where to buy this distributor, I would be VERY interested to hear it.

The John Guest adapters are easy enough to find, although matching them with the right thread fittings (just what is MFL, anyway?) is what I can't quite figure out.

Of course, then I need to handle the beer side as well. Some folks have talked about longer beer lines to reduce foaming -- any opinions here? My unit is upright, and fits four kegs, but there's not a lot of room for extra-long lines. Then again, I want to make sure I'm doing things properly.

As for the taps, where are the best places to buy them? Anyone have a preferred site?

travis

Back