garlic dill beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterX

Reaction score
trying to get ideas together for brewing a garlic dill beer want it to be a good beer for all my friends getting together on a summer bbq any thoughts on it would be great should i add the dill with the hops or dry hop with them? what type of beer would you think best suits this etc etc
has anyone made a similar beer before? never seen or heard of it

This is not something I would personally brew, but I would recommend using appropriate hops in the beer - Sorachi Ace resembles dill, and Summit is like garlic. Both add a fruity/citrusy character as well.

Considering your plan for this to be a BBQ brew I'd say go with something with bold flavors as bbq foods are generally bold less delicate flavors. Thus I'd suggest a robust porter, stout, or even an IPA. As for the garlic I'd use fresh garlic and just do a smash of maybe 3 medium-medium large cloves of garlic for the whole 5 gallon batch, dry hopped with garlic in secondary. As for the dill use less dry dill than fresh dill as dry herbs generally equal 3-4 times as much spice as fresh herbs. Maybe dry-dill with 1-1.5 tablespoons of dry dill? I'm sure someone has similar experience with basil-oregano-etc. The search tool is your friend on something like this!

Back