Garden Hose Quick Disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalarchio

Reaction score
Anyone found decent garden hose quick disconnects for their chiller?

I've tried various ones that I've been able to source locally and they all seem pretty poor in quality and eventually leak.

I have the MoreBeer stainless QDs for all my hoses and they've worked great for years. If there was something similar for a garden hose, that would be perfect.

I have an immersion chiller so at least one side gets a decent amount of heat for a short period of time.

If it is a hose dedicated for brewing, cut off the end and put the QD on it. I use a RV water hose to get water out to the garage for brewing. The end that hooks to the filter is a camlock. Hose clamps are a wonderful thing.

I use brass QD that I bought at Menards. They were pretty cheap as I recall and a little sticky to get together at times, but it's easy to go out and grap a set when I need them.

Difficulty: they were not in plumbing or with the garden supplies, but the pressure washer accessories.

Here they are.

Latest posts

Back