Garage Brewing & Ventilation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzeWuzze

I Love DIY
Reaction score
So got my new house with a nice big 2 car garage and im scoping out possible locations for my 3 vessel setup i will be building but have some questions about the location..

The side and location im looking at i can put a box fan up on some shelves they have up high to keep the moisture off the ceiling, but it would basically be blowing said moisture down the wall of the garage, "over" my breaker box and some other misc electronics that are all covered like my sprinkler system.

To me it seems like it should not be a problem, but then i consider that im blowing moisture/steam across my breaker box(which is probably 3-4 feet from where the pots would be?) and close to where the actual GFCI spa panel outlet would be going? Bad idea?

I should note the garage door will always be fully open when im brewing with said fan at the back of the garage blowing across the top of my kettles(several feet above) out the garage door up front. Living in Oregon its not an incredibly humid enviornment, and the breaker box has a door on it which should keep it safe?

I should note the garage door will always be fully open when im brewing with said fan at the back of the garage blowing across the top of my kettles(several feet above) out the garage door up front.

With the garage door open and a box fan to move air, I don't think you will have any issues. The box fan will disperse the steam avoiding any condensation and move enough fresh air into the garage with the door open.

I would position the fan in or near the doorway to maximize an exchange of outdoor air and garage air.

Personally I don't even use a box fan, just have the door open and I don't have any steam building up in my garage. But I guess mine has decent airflow + pots are close to the door.

Personally I don't even use a box fan, just have the door open and I don't have any steam building up in my garage. But I guess mine has decent airflow + pots are close to the door.

Same here, except my pots are not close to the door at all. Don't have any issues.

Good to know, im really torn about where to place my setup. One side has a nice wall about 8-10' long right next to the door that would fit everything perfectly, but its on the opposite side of the garage and i'd have to pay the electrician to route power across the garage ceiling over to the other side, which in the grand scheme of things probably wont add much to the cost when your already spending so much in labor and GFCI breakers anyways.

The other area im talking about now is closer to the breaker box, but would be in the back corner and i'd have more or less the entire length of the garage wall to put in a sink or what not.

Latest posts

Back