Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read the books so I can only go off of the series. I think that John is gonna take the Stark name and that beheading was a throwback to the first episode when Ned punished that man becuase he disobeyed orders. I'm glad to see John finally start to grow up and take responsibility for what's going on around him.

i'm curious if they are going to get into the iron islands story at all any more.. or if that doesn't pertain to the conclusion of the story they may just leave it out.. may as well be since i thought it was quite a drag when reading.. really wish they would show one storyline that is quite good, no spoilers here but if you read the books you'll know exactly which one i'm talking about.. hope they don't leave that part out

really wish they would show one storyline that is quite good, no spoilers here but if you read the books you'll know exactly which one i'm talking about.. hope they don't leave that part out

If it's the part about the Queen mother then yes they are going to show it. I heard that when filming they had a problem because the church they where filming at didn't want to let it happen.

If it's the part about the Queen mother then yes they are going to show it. I heard that when filming they had a problem because the church they where filming at didn't want to let it happen.

no it wasn't actually that part, though now that you mention it they hinted that they may be able to do it with the last episode.. i was talking about a certain character that we haven't' seen for a while.. but i looked it up and it sounds like they aren't writing he/she into the plot any longer..

and while we're on the subject.. where the f*&% is Gendry? i know that they kinda combined his character with another from the books into the show, but come on, he can't still be on a rowboat for over a full season! :mad:

no it wasn't actually that part, though now that you mention it they hinted that they may be able to do it with the last episode.. i was talking about a certain character that we haven't' seen for a while.. but i looked it up and it sounds like they aren't writing he/she into the plot any longer..

and while we're on the subject.. where the f*&% is Gendry? i know that they kinda combined his character with another from the books into the show, but come on, he can't still be on a rowboat for over a full season! :mad:

Are you talking LS? I've been wondering that as well.

Are you talking LS? I've been wondering that as well.

yes, that person.. i saw/read a couple interviews that seem to point in the direction that they won't be included.. which kinda sucks though at least they are still in the books :)

kinda don't mind this way of the show veering away from the books.. sounds like the end will be the same (give or take) for both, just the means may be different..

yes, that person.. i saw/read a couple interviews that seem to point in the direction that they won't be included.. which kinda sucks though at least they are still in the books :)

kinda don't mind this way of the show veering away from the books.. sounds like the end will be the same (give or take) for both, just the means may be different..

I'm probably the worst kind of fan, I haven't read the books, but read spoilers all over the place. So I really don't know anything, but have an idea where things are headed.

But I'm disappointed they don't appear to be including that person. It would be a cool story. I don't mind them deviating from the books (I mean I don't know the books well) but they seem to be leaving out some of the cooler story arcs for sake of some boring stuff.

AW man, I was totally excited to see that character again! I think it would be an awesome scene for tv fans, just like it was for book fans when they read it!

anybody have any predictions on what is going to happen in the end game? some of the storylines are pretty much caught up with the books for the most part so its getting more fun for people like me to speculate a bit more w/o giving away who is still alive and who is dead :)

Ok, I actually thought about this the other day.

Imagine, if you will, that the entire book series is an allegory of Climate Change. (Do NOT turn this into a political debate or I will have you dealt with! I only mention this to bring up some correlations that may be interesting, not to discuss climate change.) Imagine that the Winter is Global Warming, and White Walkers represent the damage that Winter causes. The Wall represents steps mankind could take to stop the global warming.

Now imagine that all the nations of the world are so intent on power over each other that they are blind to the dangers of the White Walkers. They continue to kill each other in an attempt to be the most powerful that they only end up being too weak to find the common enemy.

Ok, it's not a perfect analogy, just a passing thought.

Frankly, I see The Night's Watch as being overrun, with the Dragons being the only truly effective method of dealing with the Walkers. I think that Drogon left the Daenerys for a time because he somehow knew of, or smelled a female dragon to mate with that nobody else knows about. Hopefully there will be more dragon eggs in the future, but that is not likely a part of this story.

I believe that the "Game of Thrones" is being played out by Little Finger and The Spider. They are controlling things from behind the scenes (Or have been until just recently in which case Little Finger has become a Lord by marriage and The Spider has been forced from his lair and out into the wide world.) Yet both are still managing things more or less indirectly, through others.

I think GRRM has psychopathic tendencies and this is his way of getting it out in a healthier setting than mass murder.

I jest... but it does seem plausable.

thought I responded, but I must have brainfarted or the reply got eaten. or someone deleted

my thought: Dany ascends the Iron Throne and becomes undisputed ruler of the 7 Kingdoms using Unsullied, dragons (controlled by Brandon Stark) and maybe even Dothraki cavalry. Westeros combined arms warfare.

the kingdoms unite to fight the real antagonists of the books, the White Walkers

we learn Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's bastard, but his nephew.

also Tyrion is a Targaryen.

i have many ideas, though i'm not sure which one i would want to be what happens...

- i really think littlefinger and varys are the two wildcards in the entire story.. i think there is a lot more to tyrian's story when he hopefully meets up with dany.. i hope that happens not at the very end of the season because i would like to see that pan out instead of waiting until next year

- though i don't like the bran storyline as much, i do wish they would do something with it this year.. i have heard that they aren't doing anything with it, which seems weird because he is getting way too old for his part (so is tommen as well)

- i'm hoping arya becomes a full fledged faceless man and is able to cross a couple names off of her list.. kinda wish gendry would come back and she and him would get something going, though they are on opposite ends of the world

i'll have more to add as i think of them.. anybody know how much longer they have announced the show to be?

Arya won't have many names on her list by the time she gets done with her "training"... I think she's down to 4 names now.

Maybe she will have new names when she gets back and finds out what has happened in her absence?

Tommen seems to be "old enough" judging by the last episode. They grew him up pretty quickly. He def. looks much older lately.

I was excited to see my favorite character Doran Martell was going to be in the episode before last... and then he was there for about 3 minutes. sigh.

I was excited to see my favorite character Doran Martell was going to be in the episode before last... and then he was there for about 3 minutes. sigh.

Doran Martell is your favorite character?

This is a joke, right?

I didn't think he pulled off the character very well. Other than sitting in a wheelchair, anyway. Of course it's hard to really display much depth when you only have 3 minutes of screen time.

Most of the Starks have/had Ned's honor. It's not always a benefit under the circumstances.

Hell, if I were to pick a favorite cripple in the show it would be Bran Stark. He can take over animals and humans!

Much more powerful than the ability to argue with a couple of women about attacking another kingdom.

Doran Martell is your favorite character?

This is a joke, right?

Doran's my favorite character, easily.

I also recall a profession of fondness for additional non-traditional favorite characters including Brienne and Dolorous Edd.

Most AGoT fans: Jon and Tyrion rule!

Creamy: When is GRRM finally giving Edd a POV chapter!?!

Youre right... Davos is another favorite of mine. I love Tyrion, but there is just something so great about the Martell's in general.

I also recall a profession of fondness for additional non-traditional favorite characters including Brienne and Dolorous Edd.

Most AGoT fans: Jon and Tyrion rule!

Creamy: When is GRRM finally giving Edd a POV chapter!?!

I never really understood the people that like Jon Snow, he makes some pretty terrible decisions pretty much throughout the series. I do like Tyrion, though I fully understand that we are supposed to like Tyrion despite the fact that he's pretty evil. My personal favorite secondary characters are The Hound and Bronn, I'm a little upset that they are changing Bronn's storyline in the show, but it does mean he gets some more screen time, so that's cool I guess. I'm also a big fan of Varys, so I'm glad he has gotten some extra air time in the show.

I never really understood the people that like Jon Snow, he makes some pretty terrible decisions pretty much throughout the series. I do like Tyrion, though I fully understand that we are supposed to like Tyrion despite the fact that he's pretty evil. My personal favorite secondary characters are The Hound and Bronn, I'm a little upset that they are changing Bronn's storyline in the show, but it does mean he gets some more screen time, so that's cool I guess. I'm also a big fan of Varys, so I'm glad he has gotten some extra air time in the show.

John Snow is great because he has the family honor, even though he's a bastard, and he makes mistakes just like a real person in his position and upbringing might. If he manages to survive the adversity of his life to become as old as Tywin Lannister, then he might be as 'wise' to the ways of the world. until then he's learning as he goes. Some might say he is doing quite well considering his position.

Yet, as has happened before, his honor and stubbornness might be his undoing.

Kudos to HBO for the scene with him and the Red Witch last night. Even my wife was impressed. I think I heard her mutter something about "... perfect man..." when he declined her advances.

I appreciated the preview for next week that included a couple of shots of dragon. I sincerely hope they didn't shoot their wad on dragons in that preview. I think it's time they started having more plot again.

I can see where the show is started to deviate from the books, and my memory may be bad, but it seems the show has outpaced the books in some areas already.

I see Doran Martell's girls are featured. I had feared they were not even going to show up in the show, which would have been a real shame. THEY are why Dorne is such a badass place to mess with.

its been quite a while since i finished the books so i'm reading all of the character bios over at http://awoiaf.westeros.org/ .. it has jogged my memory on a couple occasions and yes i can tell that they are starting to deviate from teh books, mostly in good ways.. at least now i don't know what's going to happen on all of the storylines so it makes watching much more fun.. there is still a bunch of story left for the wall, arya, and dany, and i think where all 3 of them are where the books have left off will be great cliffhangers for the season finale.. already looking forward to next season (most likely because i doubt the next book will be out by then)..

i agree martell's girls are badass and will make a great add to the show.. glad they didn't drop them out like the iron islands though i'm sure that's because they have more importance to the entire storyline (plus they are much more attractive than the iron islands :)

GOT remains the show with the most cocks and rapes scenes shown on TV

I like what they did to Sansa through the whole show. She doesn't really deserve any of her adversities, but they just keep sticking it to her.

I think she will end up either dead, or insane before too long.

I like what they did to Sansa through the whole show. She doesn't really deserve any of her adversities, but they just keep sticking it to her.

or a strong willed woman who wont put up with any crap. Just like in a Lifetime movie.

They are hardening her up for her run on the iron throne. She and Lord Baelish will travel together, after the battle at Winterfell, where that sociopath husband she just got gets whacked.

Arya will eventually show up in King's Landing with her newly-learned magical talents and handle Daenerys. Bran helps. Tyrion, who will be Daenerys' main counselor, will follow her to this showdown at King's Landing, assist in the capture of Cersei, then mate with Brienne and sire some oddly-proportioned children.

They are hardening her up for her run on the iron throne. She and Lord Baelish will travel together, after the battle at Winterfell, where that sociopath husband she just got gets whacked.

Arya will eventually show up in King's Landing with her newly-learned magical talents and handle Daenerys. Bran helps. Tyrion, who will be Daenerys' main counselor, will follow her to this showdown at King's Landing, assist in the capture of Cersei, then mate with Brienne and sire some oddly-proportioned children.

I laughed so hard at this bit that now my coworkers are looking at me like I am crazy

or a strong willed woman who wont put up with any crap. Just like in a Lifetime movie.

Um, Ok.

You guys know this is a George Martin book, right? I don't think normal good vs bad rules apply to this show.

But I do like the last bit of your imagining, Passed. Because you just made me imagine Tyrion mating with Brienne, and so now I TOTALLY want to see that happen on-screen!

And i know what is supposed to happen to Cersie, according to the books, but I'm not spoiling it here.

And i know what is supposed to happen to Cersie, according to the books, but I'm not spoiling it here.

Thanks. I figured some of you had gotten through the books and knew some of the future.

I might have mentioned before, I started the first book a long time ago but the many characters and plot lines made it impossible to finish. There was a time in my past when I would sit and read all day, but now I can only muster an hour a night, and the GRRM books required more dedication than that.

Um, Ok.

You guys know this is a George Martin book, right? I don't think normal good vs bad rules apply to this show.

But I do like the last bit of your imagining, Passed. Because you just made me imagine Tyrion mating with Brienne, and so now I TOTALLY want to see that happen on-screen!

True, but this is a HBO interpretation of GMMs books, anything can happen.

True, but this is a HBO interpretation of GMMs books, anything can happen.

Yeah, but so far nothing has been for the better.

I'm enjoying Arya's progression lately. It's a bit different, but still cool. I wish they could have spent more time with her around the city, but the gist of her training is starting to show now.

The scenes with the people coming to her building was pretty cool and serene.

Latest posts

Back