Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, what can you gives recommend / lend to me for reading material?

all I've ever read in book for was papazians joy of homebrewing 3rd edit.

Hey Graham which PA brewery did you go to?

It's called "1 Guy Brewing" in Berwick Penn. Its a tiny town and a tiny brewery, but it was decent. They don't distribute anything yet, they just serve it out of their brew pub. They had a german lager that was ok, and 2 hefe's: a standard and a peach. They were both good.

Yeah I'm down for brewing tomorrow night. Are we meeting at the shop at 7-8pm again?

who said anything about brewing tomorrow night? :confused:

You coming tonight?

also, what can you gives recommend / lend to me for reading material?

all I've ever read in book for was papazians joy of homebrewing 3rd edit.

I've got Ray Daniels' Designing Great Beers and Radical Brewing. I can lend you those tonight.

I remembered the Incubus song that had leader.

Take me to your leader.

you guys made me feel like I was crazy.

I can't wait till these 30 gallons magically become drinkable. it's probably more like 25 gallons now... I try to push it on friends when they come over like: "Hey wanna know what happens when you make beer with tapwater?"

surprisingly they accept it....

You guys were talking about the leader song and you said it was korn he said it was nickelback and I said it was incubus

You guys were talking about the leader song and you said it was korn he said it was nickelback and I said it was incubus

oh yeah, i kinda remember talking about nickelback. i remember watching the video where he gets hit by a rock. and who could forget two guys one stump.

It was good meeting you today Chris! Nice place to buy grain and goodies guys if you are in the area!

Good meeting you, too. Thanks for helping out with the wine guys. Wine is definitely not my strong point. You should have stuck around for that lady that came in when you were leaving. She was nuts. I recorded our conversation on my phone. She has lemon trees and makes hard lemonade. So, of course, I had to make the joke, "When life gives you lemons, make hard lemonade". She taught me about duck sauce, too.

I can't remember what she said now, but it ended up making me laugh and she just stopped talking and just stared at me and said, "What?" twice. Very awkward.

Going to Jacksonville tomorrow to take Sarah to the airport. Took a look around on craigslist and found a guy selling cornys for $17 and another guy trying to get rid of 3 keg shells. Coincidentally I've been looking at single tier designs all day. Hopefully I'll get a response from them before tomorrow.

If anyone wants some cornys let me know and I can pick them up.

i might go. maybe. probably need to start moving/painting. but i might go. depends on when i get back from Jax.

sarah just discovered that I put the last bottle of my christmas ale in the freezer last night. :(

whos going to be tailgating tomorrow? if so what time will you guys be there?

I'll be there sometime between 10 and 11, probably with the wife in tow. Sadly, I don't have any new beers to bring, but there should still be a few bottles of my Northern English Brown and my Koelsch in Barron's cooler from last time.

12:30 kickoff sucks!

Dudes, what do you think about this $48 turkey fryer kit from Bass Pro Shops?:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10211271?hvarTarget=search&hvarAID=&cmCat=10010100

Its a 58K BTU burner with a sturdy looking pot stand and a 7.5 gal aluminum pot with handles. AND A FREE MEAT INJECTOR - SWEET!

Seems like a good deal with me. That $48 price includes shipping. Tired of f*cking up my stove with boil overs.

Ohhhhh man did my first No-Chill beer today and used this turkey fryer and it was the easiest brew day I've ever had. Using a full sized kettle (not my stovetop) and no-chill was like tasting chocolate and peanut butter together if you've never had either before. DELICIOUS, BITCHES!

I think I shaved about an hour off my day, no sh*. About half an hour was saved because I could get to a boil muuuch faster, and again, about half an hour on the back end because I could just dump the 200+F wort straight into the no-chill vessel and call it quits. F*CKING AWESOME.

everyone dead?

Not yet ;)

Finally bottled my way-too-phenolic Berliner Weisse today after 10 weeks in the fermenter - hoping that a general addition of lactic acid and plenty of carbonation will cover up some of the excessive phenols.

Off to the sticks for Thanksgiving til Friday. My Ordinary Bitter is already done fermenting after 4 days I think. Smells good!

kegged that one IPA we made at the shop. I can't wait to try it!

sweet!!!

I've spent the last week moving by myself. Sarah's out of town till Saturday. I had requested these days off a month ago so I could brew like a mad man, but now I can't. :(

Taking a break today to go and eat, then coming home and going right back at it.

man that sucks! if I were in Gainesville I'd totally help you move since I got not very much to do but I won't be back till monday

Anybody brewing on Sunday? I'm thinking about it myself.

nope, probably won't be brewing for a while. :(

Picking up Sarah from the airport tomorrow morning and grabbing the U-Haul when we get back in town. Not one single thing is packed at our apartment. Hell, there's still glasses out from when everyone came over last week. I've spent the whole week at the new house trying to get it ready. So we have to get everything out of there tomorrow, then come back and paint the apartment back white. It's gonna suck about as much as anything can suck.

Dry hopping the IIPA tonight and I've got the Amarillo SMaSH and Citra IPA cold crashing. Hopefully I'll have time to keg those two sometime this week.

we are completely done with the apartment! Now we get to come home to our box covered house.

anyways, i'm talking to barron right now and he says "he got no bitches" in town this weekend. so pub crawl it is.

who's in?!

Back