Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we've been talking about doing a competition at the shop. No, not some BJCP sanctioned thing, just a couple guys drinking the beer and declaring a winner. But you pick your ingredients by look, taste and smell. We'd set all the grains and hops out unlabeled and you'd chose from those. The only thing you'd be sure about would be the yeast.

This is just an idea. If you've got another idea, throw it at me. Winner would get a gift certificate to the shop probably.

Sweet, looks like the starter worked well. Also glad the change in hop addition didn't hurt the flavor. I'm psyched about how this will turn out.

been sort of mia.

Glad to hear the iipa is going well! Going to dryhop mine today if I remember.

Also confirmation on that taste being tap. Te mild tastes like it , the hefe not so much, the winter one smells like it :(

oh well the iipa will be done soon

also, I am down with the smell competition. But you (shopworkers) will win I have a feeling. I have no idea what the grains taste and smell like. (except mo)

on a separate note Chris, I'm glad you chose cascade as a flameout for my IIPA. I love their smell but their taste is just not for me. I hope I didn't get too much taste, but the centennial will probably overpower.

****, i wouldn't be that good at it, especially hops. I don't know if I'd even be allowed to enter or if I'd be a "judge". I think it'd be fun though. Everyone planning on going to the tailgate Saturday? I've got the mild and stout carbing up now so I'll probably take one of those. I was in the shop yesterday with Barron. He picked up three recipes so he could brew tonight. I look forward to trying them saturday. -_-

Let me know when you guys want to get together again. I'm always free for a bro-down (with girls, Matt). I guess you could call that a bra-down.

The game is at 12:30 isn't it? yeah definitely count me out of this one :D

but I am down for a brodown. this week is hell for me :(

we should get together saturday night. Sarah's going out of town for a week on Saturday, I'll be all alone. I'm definately down if you guys wanna chill sometime during the week, too. Maybe everyone buy a six pack and we mix and match.

Im tied up till thursday at noon. this weekend is pretty tied up also, i have a friend from highschool that's getting married next week so we are having a little fancy party for him saturday night to celebrate the wedding. plus we haven't seen him in a year or two.

:( Damn conflicts!!! but fear not! The IPA should be ready by next time!

ok it's gotta be tap. it's the only thing I think I changed and all of a sudden 5 batches taste like poolwater....

this is going to be a lot of dumping....

my double IIPA is already down to 1.022. Just pitched this 11/14. This stuff tastes delicious. When the krausen dies down I'm going to pitch the 1.5 lbs of dextrose in.

Yeah, I've never taken gravity readings during fermentation. It's at least 2 weeks after brew day before I take one. Kinda neat to watch it drop so fast and to taste the difference. 3 days into it and I'm already considering making another batch.

let's make the robust 10g after thanksgiving!!! (or the monday before thanksgiving :D)

so my 1075 IIPA is down to 1015, tastes fantastic and I added the dryhops

I think I'll call it Hoptimus Prime (stolen from a thread on the forum)

let's make the robust 10g after thanksgiving!!! (or the monday before thanksgiving :D)

You throwing any Cascade in or sticking to the original plan?

what about the Wed before Thanksgiving? I'm actually off all day.

I don't know why cascade doesn' suit me. I think it's because it reminds me of SNPA which I like but isn't so grea at the same time...

as for
what about the Wed before Thanksgiving? I'm actually off all day.
I am going to south florida the day before thanksgiving. maybe tuesday?

actually, I won't be able to control my ferm temps since I use a swamp cooler so it's probably not a good idea to just let it ferment and leave for a few days.....

I need to find a fridge that will fit my BB. I don't want another chest freezer!

Bottling the cider tonight so that'll be ready soon for tasting. I might do a brew session tomorrow night or the night after if we wanted to do another meeting. Let me know.

I think we just got someone to lease our apartment. So that means a party is in order. How's Thursday night sound?

I'm down for brewing with you tomorrow night, too, Ed.

thursday night sounds like a plan to me! It's only about 1.1 miles so it will be a good walk home to burn those calories. hahaha

so how about tuesday night 10 gallon robust split next week chris? I'll buy the water! (because you're supplying the propane, burner, pot. mostly propane)

I'll be back in town Thursday (I think...) so I'd love to hang for another brew session. My turkey fryer came in yesterday so I can't wait to brew with it.

Man .. I've drank waaayy too much this week. Went to the Brooklyn Brewery on Sunday, and a smaller brewery in Pennsylvania yesterday. Its been awesome.

thursday night sounds like a plan to me! It's only about 1.1 miles so it will be a good walk home to burn those calories. hahaha

so how about tuesday night 10 gallon robust split next week chris? I'll buy the water! (because you're supplying the propane, burner, pot. mostly propane)

Sounds good to me. I hope I have enough propane. 10 gallon use significantly more propane. Maybe I'll brew this weekend and try and use it up. I need to buy a second one so I can just switch them out.

Oh wait, ****. I can't Tuesday night. We're having the office party here at work.

i bought it to use with my ranco but any temp probe that will fit into it will work. the probe on my ranco is slightly bent which is preventing it from fitting into it.

i bought it to use with my ranco but any temp probe that will fit into it will work. the probe on my ranco is slightly bent which is preventing it from fitting into it.

Have a look at home depot. I saw some tubes there that looked exactly like thermowells. I think they were in the dishwasher section.

Everyone still down for tomorrow.

Ed, the lady's not home yet, I'll let you know.

Oh, BTW, we found somone to take over our apartment!!!!

4 bedroom house with a brew room for me!!!!!

Also a big back and front yard so when the club exceeds 100 people we can have block parties there.

Everyone still coming for the bro-down/bra-down tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back