Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap. I pitched a 1qt starter of WLP029 White Labs Kolsch into 5 gal of 1.049 wort on Sat and it fermented out and the hydro sample tasted clean and read 1.012 last night. Pitched at 68F and fermented around 65-66F. I thought Kolsch yeast would take longer.

I was gonna lager this beer for 2 weeks or so (its a Negra Modelo clone using Kolsch yeast) after a week or two primary, but I guess I can go ahead and drop the temp down now instead of waiting any longer.

Also, if anybody spots any corny kegs for sale, I'd love a head's up. I talked to that dude in Ocala who had the post on craigslist about all the homebrew gear, but he didn't have any regular corny's left. Just some crazy **** he said was from NASA or something. Weird.

Hey guys, I just found this thread. I'm a very new brewer located in Gainesville (Off University Rd, .5 miles from Hoggetowne).

I went through about 10 pages of this thread, but it's huge!!

Going to be doing my first 5 gallon batch after this weekend with some new equipment I picked up off Midwest!

Kraig in the house!

Two Primaries are in, and I'm hungry for more. I was talking with Felipe, and I think I'm gonna do a few half-batchs for fun on stovetop. Got any favorite recipe's Chris or Flip?

This is an IPA I really like, won the shop contest last month.

Smells like "lovely cat piss" and tastes like "Hop bomb. Citrus explosion." According to Chris. I brewed it as a half batch because it would be kind of expensive to do a full batch.

4.5# Marris Otter
4oz C-60
2oz Honey Malt

1# Briess Golden Light DME

.5oz Simcoe @ FWH
.5oz Amarillo @ 20
.5oz Simcoe @ 5
.5oz Amarillo @ KO

.25oz Sweet Orange Peel @ 5 (Why not?)

Dry hop for 7 days with 1oz Citra and 1/2oz each Simcoe and Amarillo

Fermented with Nottingham @ 65ish.

Mash at 155 for 90 minutes.

Tastes good.

Looks interesting, although I'm not sure about the lovely cat piss part!

As far as style, anything really. I'd love something really dark, like an imperial stout, or even a Old Engine Oil ~esque clone, which I think is an English porter?

My only problem is I don't have all my AG equipment yet, so I'm looking to do a half-batch, stovetop, nice and easy. Other than that, I'll just be happy to be making beer.

Kraig in the house!

Two Primaries are in, and I'm hungry for more. I was talking with Felipe, and I think I'm gonna do a few half-batchs for fun on stovetop. Got any favorite recipe's Chris or Flip?

welcome!!!

I reaaaaaaaaaally like the Douple IPA we brewed a while back. you like hops kraig?

Sort of, I went to Flanagan but lived in Hollywood and Lauderhill while going there for the most part. I only lived in actual Pines for 9th and the very beginning of 10th grade.

I do believe that to be true.

well half. I'm not sure if I know her but I most definitely know of you both from school/people
She hangs out with Finn, Edwin, Sammy, Turp and all them. I was talking to a friend about it and apparently I should know you, no offense but I don't remember you lol

She hangs out with Finn, Edwin, Sammy, Turp and all them. I was talking to a friend about it and apparently I should know you, no offense but I don't remember you lol

it's all good.

she hang out with matt, john or josh (finn)?

by the other names I would guess Matt?

and it's all good I don't think we've ever actually met, I just saw you around town/school and your tattoos/gauges are hard to pass by without noticing

it's all good.

she hang out with matt, john or josh (finn)?

by the other names I would guess Matt?

and it's all good I don't think we've ever actually met, I just saw you around town/school and your tattoos/gauges are hard to pass by without noticing
Matt Finn.

Muscadine Pyment with some local honey? Might be tasty.

Hey does anyone have a spare corny I can buy? I need a 2nd one sometime soon if I'm going to try to bring my Amarillo Amber Ale to the brew class on the 28th.

Latest posts

Back