GABF 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF was incredible. THe line to get in was a bit rough, but all was good once inside. I missed out on DDG and Side Project but JK, SARA, Allagash and Rare Barrel and a lot more were amazing. I got to try fou because my buddy stood in line not even knowing what he was in line for. I got to meet Gene and Steve. That made me happy and they are reasonably nice people, confirmed. Great night.

Anyone have a mississippi beer with them or know where to find one in town? Every other state was at the festival and I ticked a beer from all of them today. If you can help me hit all 50 states in one day, I will be forever grateful (and share some great Oregon beers with you at dr bills tonight?).

Yesterday's Rare Beers was great if for nothing else, the tip touching. Got to see Gene and Shteiven right off the bat. Talk about awesome people!!!!! Introduced them to the Grimm Brothers guys. Chatted about batch no.4 glass. :eek: Then saw my buddy DenverBeerDrinker and his brother and brother in law. Got to meet kmello69 and bentwookie - touch some TX folk. Then saw my other buddy and another teammate of GB Team CO jbogner. Jamie is another great CO guy. And last but certainly not least, I got to meet up with some SD peeps that I didn't get to tick when I was down there a few months ago - SocalKicks, amk, JonathanAmes. Great people all and I look forward to the next time.

And I had a really cool experience. Dogfish Head poured out of the same jockey box so Sam was right there next to us the whole time. Chatting, drinking, hanging. Well he is a magnet for all things beer. After a little bit we had several beer "celebrities" right there with us, chatting and talking beer.

zsoetIW.jpg

Pretty cool time.
:D

Had a great GABF week. Spent earlier in the week hitting up local places and buying all the goodies that showed up in liquor stores. Hit WTF on Thursday and ran into jbogner and another member of the Colorado gangbang team (can't remember who, sorry man). Did the bottle share at OMF on Friday that air helped arrange. Good to see you again dude, and i'm glad we got to have some beers together this time. Met Gene and Shteiven and a whole bunch of other awesome TBers whose usernames I didn't get or can't remember and enjoyed a shitload of great beer with them.

Had a great GABF week. Spent earlier in the week hitting up local places and buying all the goodies that showed up in liquor stores. Hit WTF on Thursday and ran into jbogner and another member of the Colorado gangbang team (can't remember who, sorry man). Did the bottle share at OMF on Friday that air helped arrange. Good to see you again dude, and i'm glad we got to have some beers together this time. Met Gene and Shteiven and a whole bunch of other awesome TBers whose usernames I didn't get or can't remember and enjoyed a shitload of great beer with them.
BTW the others from TX are:
MrCuvee Sethzilla

that was me, dude

Had a great time opening some bottles of de Garde (dat Connak!), Hill Farmstead, and Jester King with some fine folks at Dr. Bill's tasting at Falling Rock on Saturday. Much appreciation to whoever also shared their Backacre, de Garde, Hunahpu, and Double Barrel Jesus, as I had to cut out unexpectedly (my buddy's time to call it a night came on quickly!) before I could relay my thanks.

I also met Gene there and believe this should be worth many trophy points.

Had a great time opening some bottles of de Garde (dat Connak!), Hill Farmstead, and Jester King with some fine folks at Dr. Bill's tasting at Falling Rock on Saturday. Much appreciation to whoever also shared their Backacre, de Garde, Hunahpu, and Double Barrel Jesus, as I had to cut out unexpectedly (my buddy's time to call it a night came on quickly!) before I could relay my thanks.

You're welcome. I brought the Backacre and my friend the Huna and Hill stuff. Was a nice little group we had in the side room. Thanks to everyone else that brought bottles. Made waking up and checking out of the hotel on Sunday a much more difficult process than it should have been. Still not sure I'm 100% Dr. Bill is a crazy bastard and pretty sure he was trying to kill us all with that rapid fire.

It was great to meet you. I brought the Currant Gin Bu and DB Jesus. Thanks for the taste of Dorothy! (I didn't even see the Jester King. Which one did you bring?)

It was great to meet you. I brought the Currant Gin Bu and DB Jesus. Thanks for the taste of Dorothy! (I didn't even see the Jester King. Which one did you bring?)

thanks for those! That DB Jesus was fantastic, and love the Currant Gin. My buddy opened a La Vie En Rose from Jester King.

if you go to de Garde releases, ill usually make the trip from Seattle for quarterly releases so maybe we can share another drink.

Latest posts

Back