G*D DA#M you nottingham!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis119

Reaction score
Why cant you behave while im at work.....

Well about a week ago I posted saying "oops I made a starter with dry yeast" I guess your not supposed to. Something about mutation and dead cells...... I let it go for 36hours and chilled it 3days later warmed and pitched it......

11 hours later
ForumRunner_20120420_170627.jpg

10 hours after that

ForumRunner_20120420_171144.jpg

ForumRunner_20120420_171212.jpg
And its chill chugging away.....
All I can hope for is nothing nasty got in it......

I now cut the little cross off the bottom of the air lock
Im assuming it got clogged.
What a stinky mess in my community basement......

Nottingham has been pretty "festive" for me ever-time I have used it. Overflowing the blow off tube is pretty impressive though!

Wow

That is a lot of krausen and carbon dioxide going in one direction. Chances are the nasties weren't able to go the other direction into the carboy. Kind of like trying to stick your finger in a garden hose.

Wow

That is a lot of krausen and carbon dioxide going in one direction. Chances are the nasties weren't able to go the other direction into the carboy. Kind of like trying to stick your finger in a garden hose.

lol thats what im hoping.... it kept chugging out of the neck of the better bottle all day while i was at work .....

the hole was also coverd by a towel

Instead of doing a 6gal batch in a 6 gallon carboy, why not use an 8 gallon bucket? I have the Brewcrafts and they're solid.

0101622.jpg

I understand if you're preferential towards carboys, but surely you're preferential towards not losing a bunch of beer and making a mess, too :p

Haha ill use my 6.5 gl buckets for now on for the 6gl batches.
all is good as long as it docent get the virus

10 hours after that

And its chill chugging away.....
All I can hope for is nothing nasty got in it......

I now cut the little cross off the bottom of the air lock
Im assuming it got clogged.
What a stinky mess in my community basement......

Oh damn!

(Sorry, I have nothing constructive to offer, just my admiration of your fermentation.)

Lol so go open bucket next time?times

Honestly last time I used Weihenstephan I just left the lid loose on my bucket cause I knew I didn't leave enough headspace for the ridiculous krausen.

Put a towel underneath it and let it splooge all over itself. No big deal!

Back