FV overflow....like a volcano

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dufresneorama

Reaction score
So....after not adding all the sugar to my fv and putting the rest in after 48hrs I stirred it well and then foam and beer started spewing out my fv. a few litres at least.

My worry is that there may not be enough yeast left in the fv to do the job now. Is this a valid concern? I plan on leaving in the fv for a couple of weeks.44

Oh, i'm a newbie and i've been a forum watcher for the last month. Never had the need to ask a question before.

Thanks for all the info so far!

Ok, blow off installed. Lost about 3 litres in total. There is still foam on top. Should there be enough yeast left in suspension to complete the job?

Ok, thanks.
i'll leave it for a couple of weeks and spend the rest of this evening cleaning the carpets!

wilserbrewer said:
Yes, there should be plenty of yeast left! RDWHAHB

Ive seen this a few times now, what does it stand for? Rdwhahb?

Relax. Don't worry. Have a home brew :)

Also, to the OP three weeks should be fine. Then only way to tell if your beer is done is to take a gravity reading one day then wait another day or two. If the readings are stable, and it's where you expect it to be, you're good. No bubbles from the airlock do not mean fermentation is done.

Latest posts

Back