Fun with helium beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a real link, its fake btw before you guys go and try it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=51&v=3V9QHBgrPNY

Fake or not, it's hard to watch that video without laughing! Their laughter is infectious. It reminds me of when my friend would tell a joke that wasn't really very funny, but for some reason we'd get to laughing, and then couldn't stop because we'd each keep setting the other off. It feels good to have a good laugh attack!

So is it not possible to force carb a beer with helium just like we do with CO2 or Nitrogen? Or is it just that the effect won't be like sucking down a balloon? Better yet.....force carb with nitrous!!:drunk:

I wonder what would happen if you tried to put sulfur hexaflouride into a beer...

Edit: I guess its poorly soluble in water...too bad really

My question is how was this done the video has no cuts so when did they take actual hits of helium?

So is it not possible to force carb a beer with helium just like we do with CO2 or Nitrogen? Or is it just that the effect won't be like sucking down a balloon? Better yet.....force carb with nitrous!!:drunk:

You have to breathe the helium to get the effect, no? Drinking it would not affect your voice, I'd imagine.

Back