FT: Sierra Nevada Black Islay Ale, rare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
For trade is a select limited release bottle of Islay Black ale from Sierra Nevada it's part of their Alpha hop society beers. It's an awesome beer and taste true to SN's description. The only reason I'm letting it go is because they let us taste the beers at our recent event and I figured this would give me some trade power. I'm looking for some tree house, Pliney or zombie dust. Or other brews that are harder to find. This might be a one in a life time brew from SN. They are only doing these for the alpha hop society and more than likely will not release these to the masses. The beer is 10.1% abv and #209/575

SN Discription of the brew from their last newsletter:

Islay Black Ale
The island of Islay (pronounced “EYE-lah”) is the southernmost part of the Inner Hebrides archipelago off of Scotland’s west coast. It has become a major center for the production of single-malt Scotch whisky, and especially famous for the ultra-smoky, seafaring qualities of several of the brands produced there.
We got ahold of some (extremely wet) barrels formerly used to age one of the island’s most popular whiskies, and aged a rich, inky, imperial stout in them for about 8 months.
Boy-oh-boy, if you like the peaty, smoky, saline Scotch whiskies, this is the beer for you.
It has notes of wood smoke up-front that back-off into notes of rich baker’s cocoa and espresso from the base beer, blended with the flavors of earthy peat and some additional smoke on the finish. The richness and sweetness of the beer make a great backbone for the spirit flavors to carry through the palate. This would be the perfect match for a windy, rainy night and a nice cigar (if you’re into that sort of thing.) This is the beer that Brontë’s Heathcliff would drink (if he were not a fictional character.)
Sláinte.

image.jpg

I might have access to Pliny May 8th, if this puppy hasn't taken off yet by then.

Back