Fruity Pebbles WPA (Wheat Beer w/Cascade+Citra)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petekiteworld

Reaction score
Here is a recipe I just brewed up last week and it smells fantastic! Should be a great summer beer.

5gal Extract
4gal Boil
46 IBU's
OG:1.057
Est.FG:1.014

7lbs Wheat LME
1lb Caravienne
1lb Flaked Wheat

2 oz Cascade @60
1 oz Cascade @10
1 oz Citra @ 5
1/4oz Crushed Coriander @ 5
1 oz each Citra and Cascade Dryhop

S-05

I love hops and wanted to make an ale with a nice wheaty body that really brings out the fruitiness in these two hops.
The Caravienne will bring some sweetness to the palate and hopefully help pull forward a little more of the tangerine flavors.
The Flaked Wheat just adds another dimension to the beer.

You could skip the coriander or add more, I just threw in 1/4oz to help the fruit flavors come out in another subtle way.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

I just think it's funny you call it Fruity Pebbles. I've always thought that Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat tastes just like fruity pebbles!

I think Centennial would be more appropriate for a Fruity Pebbles beer than Cascade, at least for the 10-minute addition. I would also use something "softer" than Cascade for bittering as well - maybe Horizon or Magnum.

Definitely let us know how it turns out.

Yes, Sunset wheat does actually taste just like fruity pebbles!

I agree about the harshness of cascade when used in large amounts for bittering, but all I had were Crystal, Cascade, and Citra.

Crystal is actually pretty good for bittering but it is too low AA's (5.4%) to make it worth it. I don't like Citra for bittering, I find it to be very very harsh and sometimes you get skunky flavors.

I did just order a pound of Summit, which should be fun to play around with!

Racked the batch to 2 secondaries (2.5 gallons each). Just dryhopped today, 1st one got 1oz Citra whole dryhop, 2nd one got 1oz Summit pellets dryhop.

Will dryhop for 7 days and bottle next weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back