fruits for edwarts apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbrewer

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a combination of fruits that would go well with edwarts apfelwein. I have not yet made it so can only guess. Im thinking raspberry's but thats just because i like them. Your tips are much appreciated as i am new to brewing

you should at least make a batch "straight up" before modifying it... it will give you an a appreciation to its simplicity...

Different juices do different things. Peach and pear juice smooth things out, sweeten them up -- make it more SWMBO friendly, if you catch my drift. Raspberries, cranberries, pineapples(!) tarten it up, etc.

+1 on the trying it straight first, or at least keep one gallon of the first batch unflavored.

I am pretty new to brewing 2 batches beer,3 batches apelfwien. I agree with the above advice. It is so easy to make. I agree it gets better with age, the biggest problem you will have is keeping it around long enough to age.

Latest posts

Back