Fruit Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryali

Reaction score
I've done the searches and seen what most folks do and still can't decide on what fruit to add to my latest batches. So I come here for your critiques. I have 2 extract recipes, both from Midwest and I'm looking to fruit them both.

For some background: I am in South Korea so getting any fresh fruit, bulk grains, liquid yeast, or anything extra that doesn't come in the extract kit is just not an option. Getting fresh fruit just isn't an option. Thanks to DECA, I have access to bags of frozen fruit--unless I want over- or under-ripened fruit.

Technique: I will be warming the frozen fruit to around 160-170 in a saucepan and then using a sanitized blender. I will add the puree to secondary after 2 weeks in primary.

The Question: Right now I'm brewing MW's Honey Bee Ale Kit with Danstar's Nottingham dry ale yeast. I'm considering adding peaches because honey and peaches sounds yummy. Other options, of course, would be cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a mixed bag of all those. If not peaches, I'm leaning towards raspberries since that tends to suit well for a late-summer or early fall type fruit.

In about 2 weeks, once 1 of my fermenters are empty, I'll be making MW's Jawbreaker, which is a wheat-IPA mix....thing....sorta. I'll be using Danstar's Munich dry wheat yeast. I was thinking about adding peaches to this one since the mild flavor of peaches would balance well between the bite of an IPA and the smoothness of a wheat. But I don't want 2 peach beers.

So: what fruit suggestions can all of you offer to complement the two recipes? They will both be kegged and I'd like to be able to drink them in late August or early September. Help me make up my mind?

Latest posts

Back