Fruit cobbler ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danhalo

Reaction score
I've been trying to come up with a recipe for a fruit cobbler ale. So far this is what I got.

MASH
10 lb marris otter
1 lb crystal 60
.5 lb biscuit
.25 carapils
1 lb roasted pecans

BOIL
1 oz northern brewer @ 60 mins
1 oz mosaic @ 10 mins
1 cinnamon stick @ 10 mins
.25 tsp nutmeg @ 10 mins
.5 lb brown sugar @ 10 mins
2 lb peach purée @ 10 mins

Wyeast 1968

2 lb peach and apricot purée in secondary along with a vanilla bean or two.

I'm trying to go for nice warm fruit flavor along nice caramel and bread flavors to represent the crust. I've used roasted pecans in a pecan coconut brown before and really liked the way it came out and thought it would be a great addition. I think biscuit malt and crystal along with the cinnamon and nutmeg will work for the crust flavor I'm trying to get. And the purée along with the mosaic hops (since it has a fruity blueberry flavor) will be good for the fruit filling. Let me know what you guys think. I'm open to all criticism.

I love the idea, let us know how it turns out. I did the Dry Dock Apricot Blonde from Northern Brewer last Summer, and was very happy with it. Apricot puree during fermentation, and a bit of extract right before bottling time. I like your ideas for the crust flavors.

Back