Frozen Pints

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtcole

Reaction score
I went to the Atlanta Summer Beer Fest this past weekend, and there was a vendor called Frozen Pints giving out free samples of beer flavored icecream. The few flavors I tried were awesome. Has anyone heard of them or tried something similar?

The flavors I tasted were the cinnamon espresso stout, vanilla bock, and the brown ale chip. The brown ale chip seemed to be the favorite of my group.

http://www.frozenpints.com/flavors

A long time ago (like ten years), we used to get stuff called "Jeremy's Microbatch". It was a small producer inspired by the microbrewery industry. They had a "Vanilla Stout Swirl" that was incredible. A ribbon of frozen stout in the best vanilla ice cream you've ever had!

But I think they folded due to difficulty keeping up with demand. It was a sad day when we went to the store to get our fix and all they had was Ben and Jerry's and Häagen-Dazs. :(

Blue Corn Cafe and Brewery in Santa Fe had stout floats. I wish I would have tried it, but their stout was awesome by its self.

I made Guinness ice cream once. It was disgusting... lol

I had a Guinness flavor ice cream years ago in Boston...that one was really good! I've never seen anything similar since...

I think Church Brew Works in pittsburgh was doing something similar to what bonzombiekitty mentioned with a local ice cream company...I never actually tried the deserts there though...I'm usually too stuffed from multiple beers and damn fine food to bother!

I forgot TGI Friday's actually has a stout milkshake on the menu as part of their "Better With Brew" menu.

Haven't tried it. We decided to go to Famous Dave's instead. But I have my eye on it the next time we go to Friday's.

Hey there,

I'm actually the founder of Frozen Pints. Just wanted to check in and say thanks! Glad to hear you love our stuff.

I've seen a few other folks do beer flavored ice cream - it's mostly just Guinness though... Ben and Jerry's actually did a Black & Tan flavor a few years ago, but I don't believe it had actual beer in it.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello :)

Ari

I had a homer Simpson, beer and doughnuts ice cream. It was really good. I cant remember who made it

This sounds freakin awesome. I have to try this!

Ari, I checked the website, and it seems you're only distributing in the Atlanta area. Any idea when this might be available further up the east coast?

We're actually not even widely available in Atlanta yet! Only at events and festivals for now unfortunately. We just launched a month ago and had planned to test and see what the reaction would be like... turns out it was way better than even we were expecting.

Hopefully we'll find a way to get out there in the next few months. Until then we're scheduling a few more festivals in ATL around the end of July / early August. Might be worth a road trip :)

Back