All Grain/Kegging Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! I’ve been home brewing for a couple years and am making the transition to all grain brewing. First two batches were a simple IPA and a Brown Ale, but I’m interested in trying more complex beers with added flavors/additions. Planning on a trying a Vanilla Bourbon Porter over the weekend. Any tips for adding flavors and bourbon are appreciated, I picked up some oak chips that I was going to soak in bourbon and add to the secondary. Not sure yet when I’ll add the Vanilla and in what form…

I’ve also started venturing into kegging after I convinced my wife that we didn’t need that old chest freezer. I’m tired of bottling large batches but still want to make up a few to share. Any tips for splitting a batch between keg/bottles?

Thanks in advance and cheers! 🍻

Welcome aboard!
I'm sure you'll plenty of answers browsing the forum.
I bottled in the beginning, then switched to kegs. When I want to give some bottles away, I use a bottle filler (Mine is a Tapacooler). You could also keg some and bottle some right from the start.

Back