From Dallas with... Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impetuous Brewer

Reaction score
Got some useful advice from this forum, thought I would formally introduce myself.

[this is where I formally introduce myself]

I am currently living in the Uptown area of Dallas and have been brewing for all of 6 batches. It's definitely an addiction. Who are all the fellow Dallas folk?

I'm about 5 hours south of you but I visit family in Dallas on occasion. I've shopped and bought a few things from the Homebrew Headquarters there. Welcome!

Zul'jin said:
The kind where you can buy stuff, like, you know, stuff? Stuff that they don't sell in stores and one should only own for the purpose of collecting? And animals?

Yes, we are known for First Monday Trades Day, which happens every month and someone has tagged us as "World's Largest Flea Market". It will happen again this weekend.

I don't know who decides these things, but I will tell you that our normal sleepy little town of 5,100 folks can swell to around 115,000 for the big flea markets in Nov and Dec. We have the equivalent of 5 separate flea market areas. One of 'em is known as "Dog Alley", that sells any type of dog you might like, and livestock and other random stuff. My favorite section is the "unreserved" section, which is more like a true flea market for collectables and just weird stuff. Last month I scored a beer pitcher and 4 crockery German beer mugs. :ban:

Good times.

I'm also about an hour east of you. I like to head over your way every couple of weeks or so. Good to head over to Central Market and buy different kinds of specialty beers, and then stop by the Richardson LHBS to pick up odds and ends....

Back