Fresh Corn?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerChef17

Reaction score
Okay so let me get this out of the way by saying I know this is going to sound incredibly lazy but I'm on crutches and can't drive for at least a few weeks still and my kind is a bit out of the way. Oh, and I litterally just placed an order online 2 days ago. So I'm trying to be lazy and save a little cash.

Anyway, I'm doing a cream of three crops shortly in the future. I had some old flaked corn on hand but I don't really think it's good anymore being 2 years old. Can I just buy a bag of frozen corn, steam it for like 15min, and throw it in the mash? Or am I being too lazy and should I find someone to drive my bum a** to the lhbs or buck up and place another order?

I suggest using instant grits, as they've already been converted. You can add them straight into the mash if they're instant. Use them in the same ratio as flaked maize ( pound for pound, ounce for ounce, whatever is in the recipe). Should be more convenient for you, and a lot cheaper.

I suggest using instant grits, as they've already been converted. You can add them straight into the mash if they're instant. Use them in the same ratio as flaked maize ( pound for pound, ounce for ounce, whatever is in the recipe). Should be more convenient for you, and a lot cheaper.

That is fantastic news

Back