Free Logos or Beer Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat as many others here. I'd like to have a logo to put on my labels, but just can never seem to make anything for myself. Even if it is simply fuel for your portfolio, that is fine. Hopefully this will spark some ideas..

I do not have a brewery name, I kind of think for myself, that would be conceited since my beers are nowhere near amazing. I'd like a very simple logo, which I understand could be hard without a name. Guess it's a good challenge if you need the work and I'll vouch for it and write you a good review for the portfolio if you wish.

- Simple black/gray/white and possibly bit of dark red or blue
- Trash polka style art is a favorite
- Text unnecessary
- Dark/macabre rather than light-hearted

If it is something you're interested in taking on, I can help brainstorm if needed. Not sure how far you are delving into each project. Good luck. Awesome idea for a portfolio as there will be no shortage for work.

Sounds like this could be fun. A name may come out of this who knows..

I dig this project. I don't have a brewery name or any good ideas on one. Im in Minnesota, brew in my basement and enjoy a good pun. Go crazy.

Probably a lot to ask, and will understand if it is too much work. Thanks for the offer and consideration.

"Bearded Clam Brewery"

Something like this, maybe cocked on slight angle with "mouth" slightly open in a knowing smile.
cartoon_clam_square_sticker-r272a4529cf2c41a593743caac7fd00fe_v9i40_8byvr_324.jpghttp:

Wearing a beret on a hipster tilt.
1110499_toast_holding_his_mustache_on_french_bastille_day.jpg

Sporting a stache like this.
214_050111_l.jpg

The subdivision I live in is Royal Oaks, so Royal Oaks Brewing Company is what I've settled on this past year for my brewery's name. I imagine a pirate/island theme with the logo in a typical pirate font, lots of colors you'd see in the Caribbean, and did I mentioned I liked pirates?

In no hurry and if you'd rather pass on something easier, then that's cool too. Many thanks. :mug:

Baseline-

Royal_Oak.jpg

That Royal Oaks one could look nice left black, dropped onto a wispy, thin lineweight pirate map looking background... treasure map style, nautical star, sextant, etc. That's how I'm picturing it at least, just an idea. The pirate theme is a really fun idea. Really opens the door for label design and materials.

Looking good Point.

I'm Cohutta Brewing. Mainly cider. My cider has the same name no matter what I use in each batch (playing with the recipe is fun). It's kinda high for cider (8-10% ABV) but SMOOOTH. I call it "Sucker Punch Cider" for a reason. :) I'm thinking maybe a boxing glove or something??? Just throwing out an idea... feel free to come up with something better. :)

If you have the time, I've been thinking about getting a logo for my home brewery... It's Red House Brewing, and I'm thinking something fairly simple like a pint glass with a Hip-style roof on top. I'd want it primarily in red, maybe with a black outline or embossing-type effect worked in to give a little depth (though I'd totally defer to your expertise on that thought).

I really like minimalist design and want a new logo for my brewery. I like to use all kinds of chemical glassware when brewing/harvesting yeast/... so maybe you can try something with this :)

Big Smelly Ape Brewing - Think kinda like Sasquatch. If you feel like it it'd be sweet to do a default logo and then also one of him dressed in whatever brits wear for a DEM label.

Green Goatee Brewing - I've fooled around a bit with different looking fonts of a G with a beard made of hops, but haven't settled on anything I'm thrilled with. Was thinking maybe Black, white, green, possibly gray? Also a tough looking dog with a green beard could be cool. Have fun with it, much appreciated

I always wanted a logo- but I don't have any idea of artwork or anything. I"m the most non-creative person that ever lived.

I make beer and wine, and call myself either "Broken Leg Brewery" or "Broken Leg Cellars" (for the wine bottles).

the only thing I ever came up with was "Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006".

Baseline-

Broekn_Leg.png

Cool!

I'm trying to make a Potosi Cave Ale clone. Wanted a cool name for it, a friend suggested "Spelunker Special." Cave Ale is a sort of English Special Bitter, so between the spelunking and the special....

I went looking on the web for an image that might be useful in conveying this, and found:

spelunking.jpg

I'm thinking that the projected light would encapsulate the words "Spelunker Special." I'd probably rotate the pic CCW 45 degrees or so, so the light was projecting upwards. Or perhaps Spelunker's Special.

As for a name for the "brewery," Three Dot Brewing. It's a takeoff of the three-dot sight you see on a pistol, like this:

23178d1331345409-changing-front-sight-my-pt809c-report-rifleshooter-aim2.jpg

Anyway, those are the ideas; cool that you're doing this! Thank you!

Should you get the time,I am looking for a logo.
I go by Badleebrewed, live in Thailand and think that a lion and an elephant in some sort of "coat of arms" crest type thing would look cool.
I also very much like Firestone Walker lables; simple yet classy.
I brew in my extention behind the kitchen and at night,when I brew,light shines out through the wooden slats.
Please,please,please

Is this headed in the right direction?

Badlee.png

@pointcity-homebrew
Yes it is,very much so.
Maybe a little too dark,the bakground.

Hmmm
That is a hard one.
I like black and white, but also think that brown,gold and cream might work?

Wow,that is impressive!
The images are spot on,but the scrip feels a little like it could stand out(jump out) more, as I struggle to make out the words a little.
You do have a gift for this,thank you.

Thanks, it is something that I have always liked to do.

I have just reinstalled windows on this pc and do not have any fonts installed. That is just Impact font. If there is a font type you'd like to see just let me know and I will try and find it.

I have just reinstalled windows on this pc and do not have any fonts installed. That is just Impact font. If there is a font type you'd like to see just let me know and I will try and find it.

I just had a quick muck around on my laptop and found the Harrington font,which looks immeasurably cool.

I discovered a young mutant frog in my corn field about the size of a quarter... it was a lovely sky blue rather than the typical green. Since then, I have become Blue Frog.

My image for a bottle or glass design: a blue frog is hugging the glass or bottle with his arms wrapped around the container. Maybe the image won't work.

Optionally... the name of a drink I make is Giji.

I would like to see it in the psychedelic art style of 60's concert posters created in the SF area, Something that makes you look deeper into the image & only releases its meaning to the observer after a good deal of study, tokes or hits.

You can have some fun with this one... House Malbec

Yes, Malbec is my name, and no I don't make wine; just beer! I think this begs for a "Game of Thrones" style of logo like attached. Or maybe a shield style coat of arms with grapes and wine bottle X'd out in 2 quadrants and hops and grain in the others..... just ideas.

To be clear, you use the artwork for your portfolio, but all rights to use are granted, correct? I obviously reserve all rights to my name and ideas.

Thrones2.jpg

Thrones.jpg

You can have some fun with this one... House Malbec

To be clear, you use the artwork for your portfolio, but all rights to use are granted, correct? I obviously reserve all rights to my name and ideas.

Yep, as long as your not using the logo or label to make a profit.

I just had a quick muck around on my laptop and found the Harrington font,which looks immeasurably cool.

@pointcity-homebrew
I think you may have it nailed with that last one.
Very well done indeed.
How can I get the file to save?

I opened the dropbox link,which came out with a white background,which look super awsome.
But after saving it opens as all black. All black as in the only thing that can be made out is the flag and where the elephant and lion overlap it.
Could you help me out,please?
I may just be doing something wrong,which is possible,as I am almost computer illiterate :)

It is a png file, it has a transparent background.I opened it in IE as well as paint and it has a white BG.

I am using windows 10 and the photo app has a default black background, so the black is showing through the transparency. Seems to be a flaw with the design on Win 10.

If you upload it to a site it should not be black.

If you are still interested I would love to see what you can come up with for me.

Flat Broke Brewing
I'm picturing something old west,barn wood, gunslinger style.

If you have time...Tranquility Brewing Co. Thinking of a play on any astronaut on the moon (Tranquility Base) holding a flag and maybe a beer(?) Something simple

Back