Four day work week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis119

Reaction score
man,
i love my 4 day work week.. having a friday night on wednesday is great
breaks up the week

any one else have this

other than retired and 4 on 4 off'ers ?

May through October I work 4 ten hour days a week. It makes for awesome long weekends. Also, we rotate between mondays and fridays off, so I get a couple of 4 day weekends too.

My wife works 4 days on, 3 off and I'm super jealous. I'd love it, even if it was a 10 hour day each day.

Almost 3 years ago when I started brewing I worked a 4 day week and had Sat-Sun-Mon off. I had the weekend to do the honey-do and activities with the kids and then Mondays were brew days. I think I brewed about 45 batches in 52 weeks. That went away about 2 years ago and I've only brewed about 20-25 times since. It makes a huge difference. I would much rather have a 4 day work week.

Haha I thought this thread was dead in the water. I was buzzed on a Wednesday night after bowling with the wife and posted this.
I work ...m.t.w.f get my 45+ but its nice having the day off during the week to break it up

I work at a college and we all switch to a 4-10 week during summer quarter. I hated it at first because i like to bus and with the way the schedules worked out I had to be out of the house by 6am and didn't get home until after 8am. The three days off were nice, but it was really wearing me out by the time we got into August. The last year I managed to adjust things so I got home at about 7pm and it was a night and day difference. I love my 4-10's now!

I work four on and four off then four on and two off rotating this every week. I love the four day weekends... its like a mini vacation. Ten hour days go pretty fast when there is fourteen hours worth of work everyday!

Five on, but two days off then three days off every other week. When I was single I didn't like waiting 6 weeks for weekends to roll around, but I love it now. It's a mini-vacation every other week!

I did. I'm just delirious apparently.

I worked a true 4 day for a few months as a trial. The problem I had was that the extra few hours a day didn't make up for the 5th day when my customers needed support.

I did. I'm just delirious apparently.

I worked a true 4 day for a few months as a trial. The problem I had was that the extra few hours a day didn't make up for the 5th day when my customers needed support.

i gotcha i usually punch in at 5:30a.m and out around 5:00

your job side job? is different im sure there is alot of work involved that couldnt be put into a "normal schedule"
cust. service , ordering , shipping ect

:mug::mug:

I'd LOVE to work 4 10s. The only problem is that I work 5 12s, plus being on call 24/7. The overtime is nice, but I'd love to only work 40 hours a week...

I don't get a 4 day work week but I do get to work from home one day a week. It's very nice!! My WFH day is Friday so it almost makes for a 3 day weekend. I also have flexible hours so I'm done each day by 3.30pm.

I don't get a 4 day work week but I do get to work from home one day a week. It's very nice!! My WFH day is Friday so it almost makes for a 3 day weekend. I also have flexible hours so I'm done each day by 3.30pm.

yup my wife has the same thing just not done that early.... but it saves her the 100 mile commute

For years I worked 4 12s, it worked really good, plus I would take days off in the middle of the week. You can get alot done fast shopping for food, clothes, etc etc on a Wednessday afternoon.

When I was in college I worked a job that was four, eight hour days but as long as I was not absent -- except for vacation -- during the week I was paid for an additional eight hours. It was awesome.

My company has a 9/80 scheme. 9 days in every two week period adding up to 80 hours, with every other Friday off. Of course I'm in management so I'm more than welcome to work longer. My two week periods are more like a 12-14/120 scheme.

I work retail at a big box store. I get only 40 hours and my days off are different almost every week. Sometimes I get 2 consecutive days and other times I don't. It sucks!

Latest posts

Back