Forrest from AHS - Rogness Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopherM

Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd throw out some HBT karma love for Forrest Rogness' new Rogness brewery. For anyone that doesn't know, Forrest is the owner of Austin Homebrew. He is starting a brewery this fall, and is currently fundraising for some of the expenses. I thought some of you guys would like to be a part of helping him out. Check out this link for more info on what you can do to help!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1430625811/rogness-brewing-company-hand-crafted-small-batches

One day, this could be you, so show some love and gain some karma (and some Rogness Brewing swag)!

I saw this on their main site the other day. I'll be donating something in the time being seeing that I live in Austin and would love to try some of his stuff! :mug:

Damn, I wish I had $5,000 to just give away.

The $25 option is more up my alley

Ugh, after my $25 pledge, Forrest was just $1 short of $4,000. I couldnt resist so I made the whooping $1 invest to get past that hurtle.

Now all I'm seeing is $3,100 on the page. Have I really had that much beer tonight (working on my 6th in 4 hours?)? Or is this an honest mistake by those running the site and I'm actually right?

Forrest, I think this is your page man. 40-some days left. Lets get it going!

OK, I'm in.....it's easy enough, and I've never seen that "kickstarter" thing before. Interesting to see how this thing comes out.

can someone explain the diffrence between kickstarter and a bum with a witty-esque sign?

I mean, say his project gets funded and a month later it fails.
is that it? any responsibility of payback of funds?
or is it, well you willingly gave the money and we sent you pint glasses and stickers, so we're all good here?

seems to me like " a fool and his money are soon parted"

can someone explain the diffrence between kickstarter and a bum with a witty-esque sign?

or is it, well you willingly gave the money and we sent you pint glasses and stickers, so we're all good here?

If you see the two alternatives in your first sentence as the only two possibilities, then your conclusion at the end is probably correct (i.e., that your logic -not necessarily you- are correct), and I have nothing further to say.

Geez.....doesn't HBT have like 38,000 members? Surely we can raise 2K.....$25.00 for a pint glass, tasting glass, sticker, and GREAT KARMA!!

LET'S GO!!!!!

Comon! just think how much the wife will spend during the holidays! You gotta spend it first!

What better than getting a brewery started and yuo get a glass too!

No significant difference. This is not like the co-op platform that funding Black Star and some of the other co-op breweries.

You are not buying part of the business or receiving any equity interest. You are basically buying whatever item they offer at the given price and supposedly the business will use it to finance it. Once you get your sticker or pint glass or whatever your relationship with the business ends. So basically you're buying a way overpriced sticker or pint glass from AHS with a different label on it.

No significant difference. This is not like the co-op platform that funding Black Star and some of the other co-op breweries.

You are not buying part of the business or receiving any equity interest. You are basically buying whatever item they offer at the given price and supposedly the business will use it to finance it. Once you get your sticker or pint glass or whatever your relationship with the business ends. So basically you're buying a way overpriced sticker or pint glass from AHS with a different label on it.

Or, you know, you're making an investment in helping grow the craft beer community, raising awareness about good beer, and helping someone out who's been helping you out for years by selling quality products and reasonable prices with thought, care, and compassion for his fellow brewers.

We made our Kickstarter goal! Thanks for all of your support. Can't wait for you to try the beer.

Forrest

Or, you know, you're making an investment in helping grow the craft beer community, raising awareness about good beer, and helping someone out who's been helping you out for years by selling quality products and reasonable prices with thought, care, and compassion for his fellow brewers.

Do you work in advertising?

Back