Forgot to rinse PBW.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nummey

Reaction score
So after 2 years of bottling batches, I kegged my first batch last night. About 20 minutes after I kegged and pressurized the keg, I realized that I forgot to rinse the PBW from the keg and serving line…UGH! Before filling with beer, I put 2 gallons of hot water and a little PBW in the keg, shook it around for about 5 minutes, hooked up the gas and ran it through the serving line. Then I sanitized the keg with Star San but didn’t run it thru the serving line. After realizing my mistake of not rinsing PBW, I hooked up the party tap to the filled keg to drain whatever water/PBW may have been left in the dip tube. Part of the first pour was basically the water/pbw that remained in the dip tube. Am I screwed here by not thoroughly rinsing the PBW from the keg and serving line? I know, wait it out and see how it tastes but wondering if anyone has any similar experiences?

thanks

Back