force carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birds40

Reaction score
I'm about to force carb for the first time, any ideas how long it will take if I crank it up to about 30psi and have the fridge set at 33 degrees?

Provided you shake it after you hit it with CO2, about a day, maybe 2. It will be really green tasting though.

I force carbed for the first time last week. It was an IPA. after kegging, I hit it with 30 psi, bled it, hit it again, bled it one more time to make sure all the O2 was forced out. I then put it in the keggerator at 30 psi for 36 hours. After 36 hours i bled the keg again, lowered the presser to 11 psi for 12 hours. It was a near perfect pour after the 12 hours when I got home from work. After work the following day (so 36 hours at 30 psi and 36 hours at 11psi) the pour was perfect. I did not shake the keg or anything.

I keged it last night and put the pressure upto 30psi, didn't shake though...we'll see how long it takes

Latest posts

Back