Food Pairing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akillys

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Red Lobster for our anniversary on Friday. I plan on getting a grilled lobster trail or coconut shrimp. What would be a good beer to issue with either of these. I have heard a hefe goes well but wanted some other opinions.

Something light flavored with a lighter body would go well with seafood. Don't wanna mask the flavor of the lobster. Maybe a cream ale?

Your Red Lobster has beer other then BMC?! I feel so cheated!!

I'd definitely go with a wheat beer of some kind if they have it, goes well with seafood. If the coconut shrimps are spicy in any way, it'll handle that well too. With that said, and I know I'm on the wrong forum to say this, but I'd rather have a nice dry riesling or maybe something from Alsace..

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'd definitely go with a wheat beer of some kind if they have it, goes well with seafood. If the coconut shrimps are spicy in any way, it'll handle that well too. With that said, and I know I'm on the wrong forum to say this, but I'd rather have a nice dry riesling or maybe something from Alsace..

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I could understand that, I went with blue moon and had two lobster tails. It was probably one of the best meals I have had in a while. The best by far though was a Great Lakes Conway Red ale with a 14oz rib eye and sweet potato. Had I gotten the coconut shrimp I probably would have went with a pina colada.

Back