foam head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelrodent

Reaction score
I am currently fermenting my 5 gallons of fresh juiced cider in a 6.5 gallon bucket. The bubble rate had dropped to about 1 bubble/Min so I was going to rack into secondary. When I opened the bucket I had a thick foam head, I forget the name of it. Sould I leave it in primary until this drops? Should I rack it out?

I am currently fermenting my 5 gallons of fresh juiced cider in a 6.5 gallon bucket. The bubble rate had dropped to about 1 bubble/Min so I was going to rack into secondary. When I opened the bucket I had a thick foam head, I forget the name of it. Sould I leave it in primary until this drops? Should I rack it out?

It's called krausen, pronounced "KROY-zen". What was your hydrometer reading when you started, and what is it now? How long has it been fermenting?

it was put in the bucket on Mar 4 so 14 days in primary. I havent checked the SG yet but there is still minimal activity in the airlock.

Back