Foam Donut???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekendBrewer

Reaction score
Ok...I'm a pretty new brewer with only 3 batches under my belt. I'm very happy to say each batch has turned out great. My question is that when I ordered my brew kit from B3, it came with a green foam donut. I have yet to figure out what the heck it's for? Apparantly it's not very crucial. Any ideas?

Foam doughnut, have a picture of doughnut? Sounds like packing material to me...

If this is what you are talking about then it is for use with the tube that the hydrometer comes in to convert to a hydrometer test jar. Fits on end of tube to balance the tube in an upright position.

3928.jpg

Carboy dryer?

Wait....edit

I just found this on the B3 site:

MT301 : Foam Donut - Use with the tube that the hydrometer comes in to convert to a hydrometer test jar. Fits on end... $1.50

weekendBrewer said:
Ok...I'm a pretty new brewer with only 3 batches under my belt. I'm very happy to say each batch has turned out great. My question is that when I ordered my brew kit from B3, it came with a green foam donut. I have yet to figure out what the heck it's for? Apparantly it's not very crucial. Any ideas?

I'm going to take a "stab" at it, see the post I made concerning a "de-foamer disk"

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=25193/

If you should happen to have any additional information on this doghnut, let me know...I'm interested in it..

Back