Fluoride Free Water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbzdel

Reaction score
My typical brew water comes from an RV house hooked up to my outdoor water spigot, then I run the water though a whole house water filter and into my brew kettle.

I was looking up specs/data on my city water and seen that I can get fluoride free water for free from certain pump house in my city, though it still has all the other typical additives in the city water. So I am wondering if there would be any benefit to using this water. I could just take over a couple plastic 5 gallon water storage containers and easy fill them up and bring them back home to brew with.

I could get this water, and then fill my brew kettle, and then even pump it though my water filter.

Would this be more trouble than what it is worth??

I know fluoride is present in my tap water to the tune of 1.41 mg/L. I don't have issue with this and haven't noticed any problems with my brews using tap water. I also have a reverse osmosis system in my house but haven't brewed with it to date. I think in the quantities present for most municipalities, the fluoride would not harm your brew. I found this in a quick search for what it's worth. Brewing Techniques Archive

If it were me, I would use the non-fluoride tap for everything. My plan, once I move, is to get a whole house filter that removes fluoride from our water. I use RO for brews.

Latest posts

Back