Flooding in Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power came back for a little bit and the water receded off the patio. Now the power is out again and red storms are training over the west DFW. Nice :roll eyes: Guess I'm on flood watch.

We were on it yesterday all day with limited clouds, but then the storms started back up last night.

Thoughts and prayers sent for you and all of the good folks and friends in Tx. Please stay safe!

Power came back for a little bit and the water receded off the patio. Now the power is out again and red storms are training over the west DFW. Nice :roll eyes: Guess I'm on flood watch.

We got about 5-5.5 inches of rain within a few hours last night. It was pretty intense.

My wife went out a bit earlier to do just that. It hasn't happened yet, but when we flood our water gets contaminated. We had a flood in 09 and they are still trying to get our drinking water under control.

Well...I tried. I was all "Get emergency candles. You know, for emergencies.".

Yankee Candle just made $100 off of me. That's well beyond what my candle budget called for, but at $20 a piece I now have one for each room of the house. My room, 2 kids rooms, living room, kitchen. I was all "You know we could have just carried them with us.", which means I will be enjoying the living room candle from my place on the couch this evening...for safety.

I know it is a little delayed but some lessons learned when I lived on a well and had frequent outages.

The cordless drill kits with flashlights are great. Charge up all your batteries for light.

You have the equipment. Fill up any spare fermenters, your mash tun and your bottling bucket(s) with water before outages that may cause water loss. Bathtubs are great for toilet flushing. Plus you can take tepid temperature baths to get clean should it last for more than a day or two.

If the water gets much higher here, my office will be floating down the river soon.
I'm probably going to have to tube home from work as it is.

@TxBrew , y'all staying dry up there at HBT HQ?

Back