Flash pasteurization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterkdavis

Reaction score
so me and swmbo went to an apple orchid this weekend to load up on some juices for are yearly cider run. the last place we went to thier press was closed and were out of fresh juice, but the young lady working the register said they did have some put into gallon milk containers that were bottled usually within the week. So i go grab a gallon and start reading the label and it says "100 apple juice flash pasteurized" on it. just curious i ask how they flash pasteurized the juice. Her response was that they put it in a machine and spin it around really fast until its safe to drink. Lucky for me my girlfriend was there because she saw the look in my eye and immediatley gave me the you better shut the f up look. Anyways just curious what has happened to education in this country?:mad:

You know the phrase "There's more than meets the eye"? Some people don't get that. She was obviously relying on what she had observed the process as, and had never inquired more deeply.

But yeah, thats a pretty stupid reply- I would expect that from an 8 or a 1 year old maybe!

dont know about flash pasteurization but my local orchard does the same thing but they also add spices that they forgot to add to the label:drunk:

Back