First try at a saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love a saison and really like your recipe. I know orange peel is an ingredient popular in French and Belgian styles but I haven't used any in my saisons to date. Let us know how this turns out.

My next two brews are a clone of Two Hearted ale and a saison so I may come back to this recipe for inspiration. I may cut down on the Munich and add more base pilsner.

I agree until using more base pilsner but had a grain recipe mixed for a tripel/saison parti gale that went wrong. I did however end up with 14# of tripel grain for free.

I must say the French saison yeast is a real powerhouse. It ripped through my 1.090 tripel with ease in about 12 days even with lots of temp changes. I just pitched the saison on the dregs today and i have to do an open fermentation because it's so strong.

Anyhow good luck I'll try to remember to post some updates about this brew.

Just bottled this saison. It's very dry and can't wait to open one. I put a couple bourbon oak chips in two 22s and let sit a month before trying. Mmm

Back