First timer from Rochester NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fedor

Reaction score
Hello all. I just recieved my first home brewing kit as a christmas gift, and it seems to be a very nice kit too boot. I'm extremely anxious to get started, but I'm also extremely nervous, as it seems to be quite a science :confused:, and the slightest miscue can apparently easily ruin a batch a beer.

I hope to Brew my first batch on Monday, and I just went out and bought a True Brew Amber Ale kit, so hopefully using the "paint by numbers" method makes my first time a successful effort.

Wish me luck!

Hope you like it, one of my coworkers./buddies' brother is the brewmaster at Rorschach brewery or whatever its called there in the Rochester area.. Been there myself once too, great brews, and I hope you have great success!

welcome fedor!
ever do any salmon fishing over there? got a few honey holes in rochester :mug:

Welcome and good luck on your first batch. You have come to the right place. These guys will really help you make great beer. My first batch was a true brew kit. If you have time read through the stickies in the beginner threads. Kit instructions tend to rush the primary fermentation phase. Look through the beginner threads and you will find a wealth of information.

Welcome to the site! It is Friday now, did you make your beer on Monday? If so, howd it go?

Cheers!

Hope you like it, one of my coworkers./buddies' brother is the brewmaster at Rorschach brewery or whatever its called there in the Rochester area.. Been there myself once too, great brews, and I hope you have great success!

Rohrbach! There Scotch Ale is top notch!

hi neighbor. enter into this with the attitude that the yeast want to make beer, they can smell fear:fro:

take a gander at this thread, and many of your worries will go away. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/think-you-ruined-your-beer-set-your-fears-aside-74520/ good luck with the first batch!

Thanks! I've been spending any free time I have reading, and re-reading these forums for all the info I can get.

I just moved out to Rochester this summer, but prior to Rochester, I was a fellow Buffalonian too!

Cheers.

If the old brew wives could make a decent beer with a big wood fired pot and some barrels, you and i should have no problem making do with our sanitized plastic buckets and glass jugs. good luck!

Back