First time trader shipping question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiteface

Reaction score
I have tried looking around, but haven't seen anything said about what kind of shipping. Is it just standard or next day?

Overnight is going to cost you an arm and a leg and no one expects that kind of speedy delivery. I use FedEx ground most of the time. I've used UPS but I found the next ground to be cheaper. If you register for an account at FedEx you save about 10 to 16%. You do not need to be a business to register an account with FedEx. Pack everything very well don't tell them what's inside and just ship it. When shipping to a residence it is shipped via FedEx home. Very economical shipping as far as shipping goes and it gets there fairly quickly. I believe it took four business days to get something from California to North Carolina. I shipped it on a Friday and it arrived the following Thursday.

Good luck.

There's currently only two companies that will knowingly ship beer: UPS and Fedex. Both have similar rules and regs for shipping liquids (check their websites) but beyond that, you can send them out however you wish. Most people ship them Ground, as cheaply as they can because bottle trade boxes are AT LEAST medium sized boxes, if not large ones, and heavy. There should be a shipping FAQ, but if not, check the shippers websites for instructions on how to ship perishable goods and liquids (or ask your trade partner). I would suggest taping the caps/lids down, wrapping individual bottles in bubble wrap, heavy uses of packing peanuts and newspaper to keep bottles from clinking and an inner leak proof liner.

There is a sticky in the DIY forum (why there, idk!?) all about shipping beer. Read it, follow it, & you'll be good.

Back