First time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opengun

Reaction score
Now for patience

keg.jpg

I crank mine up to about 25lbs for a day. Then drop down too pouring pressure. Expidites the process for me. And the patience, is waiting to keg it!!!:drunk:

I crank mine up to about 25lbs for a day. Then drop down too pouring pressure. Expidites the process for me. And the patience, is waiting to keg it!!!:drunk:

What is your pouring pressure? I may go downstairs and crank it up to 25lbs now.

Mistake? So should I leave it?

LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Rapid carbonation of green beer typically results in fizzy, bitey green beer.

Also, looking at your system it appears you have roughly 5 foot beer lines. Those may well prove to be problematic even if you don't over carbonate your brew by "burst carbing", but for sure will result in foamy pours if you do.

At which point we'll be graced with yet another "Help My Beer Is All Foam!" threads...

Cheers! ;)

LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Rapid carbonation of green beer typically results in fizzy, bitey green beer.

Also, looking at your system it appears you have roughly 5 foot beer lines. Those may well prove to be problematic even if you don't over carbonate your brew by "burst carbing", but for sure will result in foamy pours if you do.

At which point we'll be graced with yet another "Help My Beer Is All Foam!" threads...

Cheers! ;)

Thanks, I'll just leave it where it is and be patient. I've read a lot about the length of beer lines and the amount of foam that could appear. My local homebrew store put this kegerator together for me so I hope they know what they are doing. How do bars keep from this when their kegs are in the basement and the lines run up one floor?

[...]How do bars keep from this when their kegs are in the basement and the lines run up one floor?

If the configuration requires it, they use beergas - a 75%/25% mix of Nitrogen and CO2 - which allows them to use higher pressure without over-carbing the kegs.

As for the length of lines that come with keggerators and pre-assembled towers, 5 feet seems to be a defacto standard, so don't feel like you missed out. But all you have to do is follow this forum for awhile to come to the conclusion that that standard is way off the mark.

My 6 faucet tower came with five foot 3/16" ID Bevlex 200 lines - decent quality, but way too short...

Cheers!

Thanks day tripper, I'll keep an eye on this forum for kegerator beer line length.

Latest posts

Back