First time kegging today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obie

Reaction score
Kegged my first beer today! So far it went pretty smooth and it was A LOT easier than bottling. I picked up my 7.2cu ft chest freezer from home depot on Friday, let the modding begin! The 5gal cream ale will carb under slight pressure for two weeks. I wont try force carbing, I have time to wait. On deck for my other keg I have a White Mountain IPA just poured into the secondary today. Smells like 5gal of hoppy deliciousness.

In other news, Red Sox won, Patriots won, and the Broncos LOST!

I got the Brew Logic double body regulator from Midwest Supplies. It works well, though fine tuning the psi in the line is a bit tedious. It shoots from 0psi to 10psi with the slightest turn.

Kegged my first beer today! So far it went pretty smooth and it was A LOT easier than bottling. I picked up my 7.2cu ft chest freezer from home depot on Friday, let the modding begin! The 5gal cream ale will carb under slight pressure for two weeks. I wont try force carbing, I have time to wait. On deck for my other keg I have a White Mountain IPA just poured into the secondary today. Smells like 5gal of hoppy deliciousness.

In other news, Red Sox won, Patriots won, and the Broncos LOST!

I got the Brew Logic double body regulator from Midwest Supplies. It works well, though fine tuning the psi in the line is a bit tedious. It shoots from 0psi to 10psi with the slightest turn.

Good stuff, I have yet to keg a brew, but I'm so sick of bottling that I think I may go this route asap.

P.S. But the Sox could not beat my Buccos. We swept you! I never thought I'd say the Pirates swept the Sox this year.

I'll be doing my first on Oct 4th or 5th, can't wait. I too am so sick of bottling. I've seen some say kegging is just as much work but I just can't possibly imagine how even with line and keg cleaning. For me, after pouring each bottle I would have to give it several hot water rinses to be sure no yeast dried and caked on the inside of the bottles. That itself was a major PITA. When I had people over I'd pour myself and several others beers then stand there rinsing the bottles - LAME. Then there's sanitizing the 38 (half liter, 16.9oz bottles), add to that lately I'd had a few times my bottle wand would stick in the open position and I'd pull the bottle away to have beer still flowing from it.

Oh, last thing... waiting for additional time in the fridge for cooling/conditioning/CO2 absorption, plus having a limited amount of space in my fridge so I could only fit one case. The heck with all that.

Rev.

On the "touchy regulator".
Make the SLIGHTEST of adjustment, and then give a good "tap" on the adjusting screw, to help the gauge "find" where it needs to be.
When you act on the diaphragm inside the regulator body, it's gonna' change!

If it's like most regulators I've dealt with, a good tap on the handle settles things out.

This, on all regulators has been my experience, ( CO2, O2, Argon, Acetylene, etc...).

Back