First time kegging...and a problem already.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpenn35

Reaction score
deleted...problem solved.

However...one question. I brewed my cream ale on June 2nd, transferred to secondary after two weeks and cold crashed at 38-40 degrees for three weeks while waiting to get my kegerator ready. Since the beer was already at 40 degrees when I transferred to the keg and force carbed it, do I still need to wait two weeks for the best results before drinking any? I've got it set at 10 psi currently, fyi.

The colder temperature will help with the carbonation but the two week time period will still do it a lot of good. From the beginning, you could let it sit at 30psi for 24-36, then turn it down to serving pressure and it's pretty good after about 72 hours. But that's just a quick method and it's still better after a couple weeks. As far as the set it and forget it thing, two weeks is how long it usually takes to get sufficient carbonation IME.

Back