First Time Force Carbonating Method Set it and Forget It

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhonitro

Reaction score
this is my first time force carbonating and so im using this method i found HERE the set it and forget it Method

i chilled my beer at 35 Degrees Faranheit for 24 hours then
i Set my Freezer to 39 Degrees Faranheit and set my regulator to 15 PSI

i need my beer to be ready for March 16 today is the 13 of March if i read correctly using this method it says it will be ready in 3 to 5 days.

Has any one used this method following this chart?

No, you have it wrong, unfortunately. Set and forget will take 7-10 days. The quick method he mention can be searched for here on the forums. I don't have time to do it for you right now. Basically, you put 30 psi on the keg for 24-30 hours, then drop to serving psi. Set and forget won't get you there on time,IMO

ok so right now its been 24 hours with my regulator at 15 PSI and for what your saying i wont make it in time.

i read about the 30 psi and shaking and leaving it for 24 hours bout a lot of people post that they have over carbonation on there beer and i dont want that to happen.

ill keep reading and see whats best for me thanks for the quick reply

ok so im changing my Method to Force Carbonation.

Just set my regulator to 30 PSI and lowerd my temp to 36 Degrees Faranheit in 24 hours i will Purge my Keg and then set it to 12 PSI and hopefully it will be ready for Sunday.

any more tips are welcome thanks

There are great videos of quick fix if u do overcarb. U hook the gas line to the fluid out of keg, and run co2 through the beer till stops, purge gas, then repeat this couple more times. Reconnect everything appropriately and ur carb problem is solved.

sent from Galaxy S4 after a few beers using homebrew talk app

There are great videos of quick fix if u do overcarb. U hook the gas line to the fluid out of keg, and run co2 through the beer till stops, purge gas, then repeat this couple more times. Reconnect everything appropriately and ur carb problem is solved.

sent from Galaxy S4 after a few beers using homebrew talk app

Thanks I'll start looking for that video just in case

Just watch a video on fixing the over carbonation my worries are over thanks again Ballsy

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Most people don't want to do it cause they are worried about the pressure. But if you have the right fittings and connectors then Carb it up to 50 for 24hrs. I have great success at this. I would suggest having your liquid side off though.

I already left it on 30 PSI tomorrow will do first check

I still have a keg not connected to the gas line maybe I'll try the 50 psi with that keg just knowing it can be fixed fast I'll try anything lol

BTW, putting CO2 into the beer from a tank (any method) is forced carbonation (as opposed to natural carbing with priming sugars).

Yeah that's why I put force carbonation set it and forget it method I should of put now trying force carbonation dirty method at least that's how I understand it from reading in the kegerators web page

from reading the whole day I can see there are many methods of force carbonating thanks everyone for your help this community rocks

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394991018.454248.jpg

Thank everyone for your help beer came out great and a day sooner than expected

Thanks

Because it came out a day early had the chance to take a growler to a friends house and the carbonation holed perfectly just maintained it real cold the whole day

Ok new question.

Now that my beer has great carbonation do you let it sit with the CO2 on at serving pressure or close the CO2 and open it when you Serve it?

[...]Now that my beer has great carbonation do you let it sit with the CO2 on at serving pressure or close the CO2 and open it when you Serve it?

That depends: if a keg is in my keezer the gas is always on at the ideal carbonation pressure (dispensing system is tuned for 12 psi). Otoh, kegs in my carb fridge that were on gas for three weeks are done carbing up, and I usually disconnect those from the gas as there's no reason to keep them hooked up at that point...

Cheers!

Back