First time AG'er!!! Problems already!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjackson

Reaction score
Ok guys so I am new to this whole brewing thing. My father got me a Mr.Beer for x-mass I have already bottled my first batch and will be cracking my first one open next weekend. I am amazed at this whole process. Brewing has been in my family for years, Moonshine mainly. I have massed my AG supplies. I have mash tun (xtreme cooler), HLT (8 gallon Stainless), Brew pot(8 gallon stainless same as HLT), Hydrometer, airlocks, racking cane, ingredients, bottles, bottle caps, and capper. I need a wort chiller thats it, should get one this weekend.

I purchased a 6 gallon bucket from morebeer and it just came in and I have encountered a problem. The whole they drilled in it for the spigot is to large and the spigot will not tighten up. I think I need a new bucket or different spigot. has anyone else had problems with morebeer?

Also I have purchased my hops and they are in. I prolly wont get to brew until next weekend like 10 days how should I store them???

P.S. I love this forum!!!

Store the hops in the fridge in airtight container.

Just call more beer, they usually fix whatever is broken in my experience with them.

Ok thank you. I put them in the fridge just to be safe. I guess ill leave them in there until I brew.

Latest posts

Back