First taste :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
well, got my first batch in the keg on Friday, and now 2 days of 40/20 carbing.. and it tastes lovely!!

I've very suprised!!! thought it would taste like ass..

but alas!! it's very nice :)

thanks for the help on here..

got my Newcastle & oktoberfest waiting in the wings now.. :)

any other newbies care to share their first taste stories? I felt like a little kid on christmas morning.... i was all excited and couldnt wait to make some lables (even though i didnt bottle any of it lol)... my wife's just been laughing at me... ??? dont know why though ;)

Sure- I kegged for the first time a couple of weeks ago (Cream Ale and Pale Ale) and started tasting last week, but neither were really good until this past Friday. I was nervous about the process I used-I put some priming sugar into the keg before I racked the beer, and the first couple of pints tasted really sugary but that passed and I've been pretty pleased with the beer since!

here my new baby :) lol

3301009055_08876a8233.jpg

I had some DME and Cascade on hand. I asked around here on what I could do with that. Hooter told me what to do to make some Amber Ale out of it. It turned out great. My wife's favorite beer was Coor's Light. She said my beer was a ten and that she would rather dring my beer than her previous favorite. Who knows, maybe she was just being nice.

Back