First taste of the first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida286

Reaction score
So today was bottling day and what a stressful day it was. Cleaning and sanitizing 40 some bottles plus equipment, siphoning difficulty and the fact that I was doing it solo all contributed to the mayhem. However I did get to sample my flat room temperature home brew and to my delight it tastes pretty good. It wasn't the flavor I was going for because I scorched the LME during the boil, but the scorching imparted a toasty almost nutty flavor to the ale. I intended on an IPA but came out with more of a brown ale....but it is quite drinkable. :ban: I hope the flavor improves a bit during bottle conditioning and I can't wait to crack one open in about a week. Thanks for all the help guys and I look forward to batch #2 which is on its way from AHS! :mug:

Does the taste change much during conditioning? Or does it just clear up and carbonate

The taste can actually change dramatically. To give you an idea, I had a beer that one week in the bottle I wasn't too fond of. After sitting in the bottle for a month and a half it's divine!

Latest posts

Back