First Lager (Dooplebock) Fermentation regimens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbradle

Reaction score
I started this 1.080 dopplebock at 50F and now 9 days later I brought it out to basement temps at 58F. I'll let this go for another week and then up to 60's for a quick D-rest to be assured the yeast clean up well. I mixed wyeast's Bohemian, Czech, and Pilsen lager yeasts in a 1 gallon starter for a 7 gallon batch.

Does this seem like a sound plan? I will take a Brix reading tonight to check where I'm at on attenuation thus far. I can't say I have a nose or taste for mild diacetyl but my sense of acetylaldehyde is strong.

That sounds reasonable. You may need to leave it at the d rest for awhile (5-7 days) if you are using the quick lager method. Ive found that big lagers sometimes take longer to ferment out the last point or two. Make sure its done, kepping it in the 60s for a week wont hurt it at this point, and you got 4 months of lagering ahead of you, the extra few days really wont matter time wise.,

Latest posts

Back