first keg casualty...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgerard

Reaction score
so I had a few friends over after bailing on a party for a homebrew and movie. One of my buddies asked to try my moose drool clone and I agreed ofcourse. Anyways about 5 minutes later I got up to go to the bathroom and my kitchen floor was covered in beer. =( nobody is touching the tap but me from now on.

Punch him in the face and make him buy you ingredients as well as help out with the next batch. I bet he won't leave your tap open ever again.

Oh man, that sucks! I left mine slightly open one time by accident. I started seeing flashbacks of how long it took me to clean out all of my equipment, knowing that if I had to brew another I would have to do it all over again. It's like watching somebody kill a unicorn.

Was it a picnic tap or a bar tap? I've sometimes had my fridge close on a picnic tap and force it open. Fortunately I noticed before it had overflowed the mug I use as a drip tray.

Guess I have smarter friends, hah. I have people over all the time, and 6 taps, never really an issue. I did however have a party once and some dumb girl I didn't know wanted to try a beer so I said yes. She poured a cup, stepped back and said "How do I turn it off?!", while it was flowing full speed onto the floor (towel drip tray). I said "Are you stupid?! The opposite way you turned it on. Same concept as a sink and shower." Stupid college girls...

Guess I have smarter friends, hah. I have people over all the time, and 6 taps, never really an issue. I did however have a party once and some dumb girl I didn't know wanted to try a beer so I said yes. She poured a cup, stepped back and said "How do I turn it off?!", while it was flowing full speed onto the floor (towel drip tray). I said "Are you stupid?! The opposite way you turned it on. Same concept as a sink and shower." Stupid college girls...

Wow is that really a thing? I worked as a bartender for years so maybe my perception is off, but I never imagined someone wouldn't know how to work a tap.

It definitely happened. Stupid people never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

I was asked by a UW Madison college girl what boiling water looked like. True story.

A similar thing happened to me but it was a tub full of margaritas with a spigot. Some people...

A similar thing happened to me but it was a tub full of margaritas with a spigot. Some people...

Similar thing happened to me while teaching a microbiology class for nursing students. A girl unscrewed the bunsen burner upright tube from the base, resulting in a large fireball on the benchtop. She then turned to me and asked how to make it stop. "TURN THE GAS TAP THE OPPOSITE WAY YOU DID TO TURN IT ON YOU *******!"

Similar thing happened to me while teaching a microbiology class for nursing students. A girl unscrewed the bunsen burner upright tube from the base, resulting in a large fireball on the benchtop. She then turned to me and asked how to make it stop. "TURN THE GAS TAP THE OPPOSITE WAY YOU DID TO TURN IT ON YOU *******!"
lolol, girls

One of my buddies asked to try my moose drool clone and I agreed of course.

If he was a real buddy he would have offered to buy the ingredients himself, without you saying anything.

Airplanedoc said:
If he was a real buddy he would have offered to buy the ingredients himself, without you saying anything.

Oh he did! The good news is that there is still beer coming out, I wondering if I didn't lose TOO much. It soaked a bath towel a roll of paper towels and a handtowel, maybe I should pour a gallon of water on the floor to get an idea hah.

Back