First Homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ness22

Reaction score
So yesterday I cracked open a bottle of my first homebrew and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! My Hefe was in the primary only a week before I bottled it (impatient noob). I only let it bottle condition a week and then threw one in the fridge for a couple hours again being impatient. I am excited to try this beer in a week or two, it's only going to get better! I'm officially addicted! Cheers!

Now at least you have a recipe to follow if you need to make a quick brew!!! I think you will be well rewarded after a few more weeks.....get your pipeline going so you can be more patient and let the beers become their best!

That's one of the qualities of a Hefe. Low ABV and an already fruity flavor mean less time needed for yeast self-cleaning. Now, that low time carbonating will hurt ya, but the short primary won't. Like heli said, fill that pipeline! Soon enough you'll have a beer resting for a month without realizing it. Congrats! Kyle

Back