First Home Brew - Brewers Best German Altbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypanties

Reaction score
Well I brewed my first homebrew this weekend, it's a Brewers Best German Altbier. I'm curious if anyone here has brewed this before and if they have any advise.

I am seeing a lot of bubbles after two days fermenting, I love hearing the bleep bleep bloop bloop out of the airlock :)

The directions say to let it ferment in primary plastic bucket for 5-7 days, and after hydrometer readings level out then it's time to bottle. Alternatively, I could transfer to secondary glass carboy for two weeks, then bottle. However, after extensive reading of these forums, I'm sure most of you would disagree!

So my thoughts are let it sit in primary for 3-4 weeks, then bottle. What do you guys think?

:ban: HappyPanties

I just boiled this a few day ago, and im doing 7 days primary, and 14 in secondary carboy. Im gonna let it get real sexylike for 14 days in the bottles..... and then commence my favorite scream - "HOMEBREWS READY"

Yup, just leave it in the primary for the 21 days. It will clean it self up there. then bottle don't forget to put the priming sugar in the bottleing bucket before adding the beer. LOL Don't that a few times.

Back