First Hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
Okay, so, fair warning that this is one of those braggy threads, but I'm pretty psyched, so whatever. I've been brewing for about a year and a half and took my three of my brews to my first ever brewfest last night. I honestly wasn't expecting anything, was just looking forward to trying other peoples' brews. I ended up taking home 1st place Peoples' Choice Homebrew and 1st place Peoples' Choice Overall for my Blood Moon Saison and 2nd Place Judges' Choice Homebrew for my Recently Squeezed IPA. I was honestly shocked. Pleasantly shocked, of course. Nice to know I'm on the right track. And the trophies were sweet!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430092642.850921.jpg

Congrats!

Pretty cool...a Blood Moon Saison...the name just sounds cool.

Maybe I'll put that on my to-brew list.

Congrats!

Pretty cool...a Blood Moon Saison...the name just sounds cool.

Maybe I'll put that on my to-brew list.

Thanks! The big "secret" is that I brewed Northern Brewer's La Petite Orange kit but instead of the recommended Abbey yeast, I pitched a packet of Belle Saison yeast. And I added the zest of two blood oranges at flameout, hence the name. It was a pure coincidence that there was an actual blood moon like a week after I bottled my batch. It was a huge hit at the brewfest...I poured almost twice as much as my other two brews.

Back