first experience w corny what is this part?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semo

Reaction score
Sorry and i,m embarrassed to ask but. I bought corny from Midwest and was supposed to be rebuilt. Came nasty with horrid gaskets. I figured take apart clean and use YouTube for reassembly but no videos have these parts and I can't remember where or how they came out. I should replace if they are needed as they look rough. Anyway. Ideas if these are needed and if so, where cause I'm a moron.

Sorry. Gotta upload'pics''. Work with me here. Been hitting brew tonight. Layoffs at work (i survived) and didn't realize beer would go down so well. Pics soon.

AF5B3D52-D50E-451F-9454-33EBECA1923B-1685-000001FA4AFC156A.jpg

These are the only plastic parts here other than gaskets...Just confused because I do not see them in any videos showing how to clean and reassemble the kegs...thanks in advance guys...

Those are inserts that go inside the posts on John Wood style kegs. Without them the poppets won't reach from the dip tube flanges to the top of the posts.

You can get new ones here...

Cheers!

All the new plastic ones come taller so you have to grind them down to fit.

Back