First Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brettdow00

Reaction score
Been brewing now a few months and really enjoy it. I entered my first competition that took place yesterday. Checked the results and found out I won silver with a winter ale I submitted. I did it really for feedback, so my question is will they send any kind of scorecard or feedback to me? It doesn’t say anything when I log on, just it scored 37.5. Is that a decent score? I would imagine scores are all over the place with all of the different competitions out there so not sure I should look too much into score. Wondered if anyone could give me some insight on how most competitions work. TIA

Congrats on the “So-So Silver”!

Yes, depending on how motivated the competition organizers are, they will upload your scoresheets into Reggie for you to read any potentially helpful comments in the next couple of days. There isn’t likely to be an abundance of them (helpful comments) when you score so well, but perhaps suggestions for minor tweaks based on the minor deviations from style the judges noted, if any.

Congrats on the “So-So Silver”!

Yes, depending on how motivated the competition organizers are, they will upload your scoresheets into Reggie for you to read any potentially helpful comments in the next couple of days. There isn’t likely to be an abundance of them (helpful comments) when you score so well, but perhaps suggestions for minor tweaks based on the minor deviations from style the judges noted, if any.

Thanks. I didn’t know if they eventually uploaded something on Reggie or sent it via mail. So is 37.5 a solid score?

Congrats on winning a silver with your winter ale! When I entered my first competition I received an email letting me know my scoresheet would be available to download from the competition website. I just saved it as a PDF. Not sure what comments (if any) yours will have, but the BJCP judge who did mine actually put a good amount of info.

37.5 is a great score IMO, especially for a first brew.

I’ll just give it a couple of days and see if they have something up on the site. Thanks for the feedback! I actually submitted two brews and turns out the IPA leaked out on the way there lol

Back